Portrait Focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonpoh65

Nov 8, 2007
Hi, I have a Canon 400D and is using the kit len and 50mm 1.8 len. I tried to shoot portrait but the person face and eye is not sharp. But if I use auto mode is even more sharper.
I try to find out the best setting by testing @ diff apeture size & focus length & subject distance.
Example. the subject is 5ft & 8ft away. apeture fr 1.8 all the way to 22. I put 3 can drink about 6inches away from each other (front and back). I still can't find the best setting :sweat:.

Greatly appreciate someone can help.

Many Thanks!

It would probably be best if you attached some sample pictures of what you mentioned (not sharp and auto - even more sharp), and your can test. And yeah, the EXIF data so we know what shutter speed, ISO etc you used.

most probably the Autofocus caught the wrong thing to focus on..
or the shutter speed too slow?

Hi, I have a Canon 400D and is using the kit len and 50mm 1.8 len. I tried to shoot portrait but the person face and eye is not sharp. But if I use auto mode is even more sharper.
I try to find out the best setting by testing @ diff apeture size & focus length & subject distance.
Example. the subject is 5ft & 8ft away. apeture fr 1.8 all the way to 22. I put 3 can drink about 6inches away from each other (front and back). I still can't find the best setting :sweat:.

Greatly appreciate someone can help.

Many Thanks!

It would probably be best if you attached some sample pictures of what you mentioned (not sharp and auto - even more sharp), and your can test. And yeah, the EXIF data so we know what shutter speed, ISO etc you used.

Hi Dream, Thanks, I tried to find the function for attaching the photo while replying your mail but i can't find the function.. Apprecaite you can teach me. Many Thanks. :)

most probably the Autofocus caught the wrong thing to focus on..
or the shutter speed too slow?

Hi Blurry,
the canon software show the focus point is right. Shutter speed is faster than 1/100.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.