Portrait - Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-I

Dec 29, 2005
Hi,

I've been reading portraits posted by members here for awhile and I must say the standard here is very high! Really envy the skills of members here, and have alot to learn. Here it is my first shot at portraits, so comments are much appreciated! :)

Faith - I've emailed these shots to you... and thanks for your patience during the shoot; and sorry we were drenched from the downpour after the shoot!

P1010605sized.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010614sized.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010626sized.jpg
[/IMG]

P1010619sized.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010560sized.jpg
[/IMG]
P1010600sized.jpg
[/IMG]

Composition Composition Composition.

#1 Head is in the neither here nor there area. Recall Rule of 1/3.

#2 Too much of a snapshot. Gives the impression that you are trying to shoot downblouse.

#3 Expression is a bit dead. The vines are distracting and so is the mosquito bite on the left collarbone area. WB seems off. and dont crop off her feet.

#4 have potential, try some PS effects to generate a different feel.

#5 Another downblouse shot. Try asking her to look at you, a big smile might be good here.

#6 The windows behind is distracting. Try a tighter crop.

2 yen worth.

Thanks for comments.

Cheers.

Most of the shots seem like the model is very lethargic. :bsmilie:
Ask the model to watch her posture, as I see that her back is hunching.
Remember to ask her to smile.
She definitely will look better with a smile at the camera ;)

#6 face a bit underexpose. Any fill-in flash used ??

Thanks Obewan.

No I didn't use fill in flash. I need practice in using the flash cos have not been having good results with the flash...

To be fair, the model was not lethargic; at least that's not her attitude that day. I'm still new to this hobby, perhaps I'm still searching for my own style. Will definitely watch out for model's posture and ask model to smile more in future! :)

Thanks for the comments.

TMC said:
Composition Composition Composition.

#1 Head is in the neither here nor there area. Recall Rule of 1/3.

#2 Too much of a snapshot. Gives the impression that you are trying to shoot downblouse.

#3 Expression is a bit dead. The vines are distracting and so is the mosquito bite on the left collarbone area. WB seems off. and dont crop off her feet.

#4 have potential, try some PS effects to generate a different feel.

#5 Another downblouse shot. Try asking her to look at you, a big smile might be good here.

#6 The windows behind is distracting. Try a tighter crop.

2 yen worth.

Working on your comments bro TMC. On the first one, I think it's important for me to get it right. Rule of thirds is rather fundamental. I tried improving on it below.

P1010605thirdsized.jpg
[/IMG]

On #4 - could you give me a couple of pointers? I know it's personal taste but I am also new to PS so still learning... thanks a million.

yea.... the model like abit sian sian....

Sis! U have a 'cool' look but u have a nice smile too.. Smile more next time :)

try ps-ing the mozzie bite on around her shoulder area away too..

Okie. Still learninig PS and not v good at it. Tried PSsing the mozzie bite but results not v good. Will try to improve. Thanks.

Cheers.

good attempt... my thoughts as a newbie 2....i think important to know:
1) which angle works for a model.....
2) (comments for the model) makeup is unsufficient

enjoy the process!

Thanks Kenzi, for the encouragement and learning points.

I thought I'm the only crazy guy reading posts on this website at this hour... I have company! haha....

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.