portrait at the railway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spaceship

Nov 1, 2007
took this with my mamiya c330 with a 80mm f2.8 lens.i would like to know how i could improve on the framing as i would like to do better portrait kind of shots.thanks!

2755227129_85384b6870.jpg

took this with my mamiya c330 with a 80mm f2.8 lens.i would like to know how i could improve on the framing as i would like to do better portrait kind of shots.thanks!

2755227129_85384b6870.jpg

Change the background.... the highlights on the over-exposed sky is distracting. And the pose is very sloppy. Finger is still moving...

try a BG of green or the tracks (since you mention you're there)

hmm picture is generally underexposed. yea since you mentioned railway tracks.. you should include it in your pic

It's a portrait on the railway, but where is the railway? :dunno:

there is not just framing you need to take note of here.

blown out highlights, bad moment, bad positioning of model, etc etc etc.

of all the places you could place him, you placed him against a mess of range of tones, so you get blown highlights and shadow areas in the same shot. what happens is a very distracting background, no one looks at the model and everyone looks at the background. which can be a good thing actually, since your model is in a horrible pose here that doesn't flatter him, and doesn't say anything about him.

I would suggest to frame tighter so that your subject fills more of the frame. E.g., if you crop away 10% on the right and 10% from the top, the overall image impression is already noticeably different.

Status
Not open for further replies.