Portra 400 on Holga and Diana

Status
Not open for further replies.

nartz

Mar 5, 2006
hello all, i not-so-recently purchased two rolls of kodak portra 400 medium format film for my holga's and diana's digestive pleasure. i'm stuck now though, i loaded it ages ago, took one picture and got stuck.

people out there, does the portra actually come with the numbers that will show on the red window? how much do i know to advance the film? and when i'm done with the roll, do i bring the whole camera over to the processor to help me?

and anyone can offer advice on how much processing (cross processing too) and printing will roughly cost at where?

absolute newbie here, evidently. :)

thanks much.

Hey bro... are you kidding?
I bought my first DIANA camera when I was ten years old. And it cost me all of S$3.50!!
(had to pay by instalment... honest!!) You mean they still sell them? I'm amazed...

hello all, i not-so-recently purchased two rolls of kodak portra 400 medium format film for my holga's and diana's digestive pleasure. i'm stuck now though, i loaded it ages ago, took one picture and got stuck.

people out there, does the portra actually come with the numbers that will show on the red window? how much do i know to advance the film? and when i'm done with the roll, do i bring the whole camera over to the processor to help me?

and anyone can offer advice on how much processing (cross processing too) and printing will roughly cost at where?

absolute newbie here, evidently. :)

thanks much.
I'll assume you have used the 120 film.You should have one spool originally in your camera and when the film is used up, everything will be on that spool, protected by the paper backing. Still, load and unload under subdued lighting. The spool that originally came with your film will be used as the take up spool your next roll.

thank much. but how about the film advance then? i just took one shot today and i dont know how much to advance. haha. ouch.

haha, yeah, i found it at an antique shop though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.