Portia, Huirong, Linda (My take)

Status
Not open for further replies.

photougenics

Dec 19, 2006
East Coast
1st time posting here!! Taken today at Boat Quay area. Got to know lot of pple. Pls feel free to comment on my techniques n not the models!!

1. Portia
505682356_a7a3c032d9.jpg

2. Portia
505681502_465070a253.jpg

3. Huirong
505678486_bd9ae7f958.jpg

4. Huirong
505677516_a77c3f7266.jpg

5. Linda
505674692_d349cae94b.jpg

Thanks for viewing. More pixs cld be viewed frm the link on my signature below.

Any processing done to those pics? (Not referring to just cropping but things like levels, unsharp masking, .... etc.)

1st time posting here!! Taken today at Boat Quay area. Got to know lot of pple. Pls feel free to comment on my techniques n not the models!!

1. Portia

2. Portia
505681502_465070a253.jpg

3. Huirong

4. Huirong

5. Linda

Thanks for viewing. More pixs cld be viewed frm the link on my signature below.

Hey Eugene,

You really took great photos, I'm especially impressed at the skin tones.... The 2nd shot of portia really looks so real, its as if she is standing right in the screen.

Cheers,
Tantor aka The other Mark

I did some changes to the curves for no 3 only as it was underexposed. The rest are untouched.. shot with fill flash..

#1 - Flash reflection in the background. Be careful when you have reflective backgrounds and using flash.

#2 - Uh... You are trying to showcase the beauty of the model yes? Then choose a better background? Rubbish dumpsters are really unsightly!

#2 & #3 - You need to be careful about the cropping. Chopping off arms/hands/fingers. Looks very strange.

#4 - This looks the best from this series of 5 photos. Although the bright white object in the background is stealing the attention away from the model.

Last comment from me: Uh... Why all the different sizes?

#1 - Flash reflection in the background. Be careful when you have reflective backgrounds and using flash.

#2 - Uh... You are trying to showcase the beauty of the model yes? Then choose a better background? Rubbish dumpsters are really unsightly!

#2 & #3 - You need to be careful about the cropping. Chopping off arms/hands/fingers. Looks very strange.

#4 - This looks the best from this series of 5 photos. Although the bright white object in the background is stealing the attention away from the model.

Last comment from me: Uh... Why all the different sizes?

Noted thanks!! Erm only no 3 is cropped.. the rest are uncropped.. looks different sized? :think:

Hey Eugene,

You really took great photos, I'm especially impressed at the skin tones.... The 2nd shot of portia really looks so real, its as if she is standing right in the screen.

Cheers,
Tantor aka The other Mark

thanks thanks.. great knowing u guys.. yr shot are great too!!

What lens were you using for those pics har?

Marky : Where yr photos never post!!??

noobie: I was using the 24-105mm F4L IS

catseye: Great meeting you guys man. Learnt a lot from my first model shoot.

Cool... pretty good shots. :D

Wow, good shots. Your 24-105 is really versatile for portrait shoots!

Lovely smiles in #4 & #5 & #8! Were they all shot at f4?

Thanks!! Lots more to learn n improve. #4 & #5 are shot at f5.6, #8 is shot at f4. most of the pixs are taken between f4 to f8.

Status
Not open for further replies.