Portable Storage

shweed

Apr 7, 2010
Hi there, I've been looking for a portable storage that I can use to transfer my photos straight off my camera on my CF card without the need for a laptop. The self-powered type I think. Anyone is currently using any brands that is fast and reliable? It would help a lot if you could also tell me where you bought it and how much it cost. Thanks in advance. :)

It would help if you tried a search. This comes up very very frequently.

i got a creative zen W 60gb..at a steal..cosmetics is 10/10 and i paid $120..

My experience with portable data storage is not good. I had 2 of them.
Find it slow to view and preview images. Get a faster one... too expensive.

So in the end find Net Book more practical and cheaper. Bigger screen.

Alternatively, I am now using iPad with camera connection kit.

The Colorspace Hyperdrive from Memory World is not bad. It can perform recovery of corrupted memory cards and incremental backup. The speed is super at 2 GB/min. A group of us just bought 7 pcs in one go :bsmilie:

My experience with potable storage is also not good. My Canon M80 drains battery too fast. at most can download about 3 pieces of 4Gb CF card. Now I use a netbook with external HD. Downloads is faster and battery last longer.

i got a creative zen W 60gb..at a steal..cosmetics is 10/10 and i paid $120..
Just wondering, how do you feel about the Zen Vision W? the speed of transfer and the screen resolution?

shelomoh said:
My experience with portable data storage is not good. I had 2 of them.
Find it slow to view and preview images. Get a faster one... too expensive.

So in the end find Net Book more practical and cheaper. Bigger screen.

Alternatively, I am now using iPad with camera connection kit.

My iPad always quit halfway while transferring pics leh.. :(

2evans said:
Did a quick search and someone seems to have the same problem as you. Their remedy was to power off the ipad, restart and try again.

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=12449270

Thanks man, the last time I tried that but still couldn't complete transferring all the pics. Maybe it was because it was camera to iPad or Memory Stick to card reader to iPad.. will try again when I get a SD card, maybe that will work flawlessly..

The Colorspace Hyperdrive from Memory World is not bad. It can perform recovery of corrupted memory cards and incremental backup. The speed is super at 2 GB/min. A group of us just bought 7 pcs in one go :bsmilie:

Hi, how much did you pay for the Hyperdrive? Am using a very old storage device and is extremely slow and figure time for me to upgrade. TIA!