Portable harddisk to back up

The hyperdrive to me is the best solution if u just wan an OTG portable storage. Look at the older version such as Hyperdrive space instead of the newer ones like colorspace album. Memory world might not have the older version but u can check out the Hyperdrive website. They do ship overseas when i bought the super duper old hyperdrive space >5years ago. It does not have the screen to view the photos or the super fast speed. So depends which u value more. Big viewing screen and speed requires at least the Hyperdrive colorspace O if i'm not wrong.

Ipad max storage is pretty limited. If u goin for a couple of days trip guess shd be sufficient. Anything longer than 1 month, i doubt so u have ample storage.

The last time I used my portable storage which cost me about S$1200 was a few years ago. Transfer speed was slow and drains batteries real fast. Now with a simple netbook and portable HardDisk, the transfer is faster and easier. And if you are travelling with friends, they too can use yr netbook to transfer their photo to their portable Harddisk. Plus you can also do some editing on the go.

Well... After much consideration, decided to go with the Hyperdrive. I tried netbook with external portable HDD in the previous trip, and I got a neck strain out of it - and I don't like the idea of having to plug in so many things just to get the data out of the card into the HDD. I don't see the pt of doing editing on the netbook since I am traveling the whole entire day, too tired to even bother, just download and done with... Neck strain came from lack of plug pt which was at an awkward angle to the TV...

The last trip i had done, I took the hyperdrive - and it's was quick, easy and just switch on it's ready to download... Don't have to wait for the windows to come on, don't have to wire up the external drive, etc. I even had the opportunity to check the photos using the hyperdrive as well, when I had nothing to do; all on a pretty small device that does not need a lot of space in my bag.

So I guess it's all up to what you want and feel better in doing - I find it a more "elegant" solution to my problem. Others will think differently.

Alpc said:
Well... After much consideration, decided to go with the Hyperdrive. I tried netbook with external portable HDD in the previous trip, and I got a neck strain out of it - and I don't like the idea of having to plug in so many things just to get the data out of the card into the HDD. I don't see the pt of doing editing on the netbook since I am traveling the whole entire day, too tired to even bother, just download and done with... Neck strain came from lack of plug pt which was at an awkward angle to the TV...

The last trip i had done, I took the hyperdrive - and it's was quick, easy and just switch on it's ready to download... Don't have to wait for the windows to come on, don't have to wire up the external drive, etc. I even had the opportunity to check the photos using the hyperdrive as well, when I had nothing to do; all on a pretty small device that does not need a lot of space in my bag.

So I guess it's all up to what you want and feel better in doing - I find it a more "elegant" solution to my problem. Others will think differently.

Witan... SD cards so cheap these days... 32GB is about $60. Just get two and you are unlikely to run out till you get home.

UncleFai said:
Witan... SD cards so cheap these days... 32GB is about $60. Just get two and you are unlikely to run out till you get home.

I meant "aiyah" not "witan" stupid iPad.

1 TB 2.5" HDD = 32x32GB. If each trip you shoot 2x 32GB then you HDD will be full after just 16 trips.

UncleFai said:
I meant "aiyah" not "witan" stupid iPad.

1 TB 2.5" HDD = 32x32GB. If each trip you shoot 2x 32GB then you HDD will be full after just 16 trips.

If he takes video then maybe not enough bah.