Portable Harddisk & CF Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ9900

Oct 5, 2004
Yew Tee
Good Evening.....Planning to go Korea in early April. Wanted to buy a portable hardisk (20GB capacity) and a 2GB Ultra II CF Card. Anybody got any recommendation for a reliable portable hardisk and CF Card? Appreciate your reply and thanks in advance.

DJ9900 said:
Good Evening.....Planning to go Korea in early April. Wanted to buy a portable hardisk (20GB capacity) and a 2GB Ultra II CF Card. Anybody got any recommendation for a reliable portable hardisk and CF Card? Appreciate your reply and thanks in advance.

Compact Drive 20GB :

http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=17_66&products_id=310

Compact Flash Cards :

http://www.eastgear.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=19_20

Hope the above helps.

how many pics would you be shooting? if you don't use the highest JPEG quality, you could squeeze a lot of pics on a 2GB (I could get ~1k pics on a 8MP DSLR) and save on an additional piece of gear.

hey dude,

alternatively you could rent the portable storage device if you are going to use the PSD for just once......

cheers......

mpenza said:
how many pics would you be shooting? if you don't use the highest JPEG quality, you could squeeze a lot of pics on a 2GB (I could get ~1k pics on a 8MP DSLR) and save on an additional piece of gear.

Thanks Mike for the info.... Will check further with Eastgear for details of the portable storage device and CF cards

i think there's a computer exhibition in Mar. would be a good opportunity to pick up some cheap cards then too!

Hi Mpenza,

Mostly use large fine image quality and may take some RAW pictures on my 20D. Will be going for a 8 days trip and the main purpose is to take pictures on Cherry Blossom in Korea. I do not think a 2GB CF card will be sufficient.

no problem :) I usually use large normal image quality on the 20D as I find little difference in the final output. but that's just me ;p

do note that battery do not last as long in cold weather, so take care of batteries for the portable harddisk.

have a great trip :)

Thanks Plinius

Just curious. Where can you rent a portable storage device in Singapore? Beside how reliable are PSD? Have anyone experience all the pictures disappear in PSD?

mpenza said:
no problem :) I usually use large normal image quality on the 20D as I find little difference in the final output. but that's just me ;p

do note that battery do not last as long in cold weather, so take care of batteries for the portable harddisk.

have a great trip :)

Point noted

sandisk 2G ultra II :thumbsup:
seagate 20G 5400rpm with 5 years warranty :thumbsup:

thats my setup. hope it helps. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.