Population Growth is good

Jedi

Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
The white paper of 6.9m population projection sparked a public outcry last month.

A lot of people have expressed concerns, etc. Some even turned up at Hong Lim Park to protest.

However, this man (NTU Professor) apparently likes the idea of population growth. :sweat: He is in favour of the immigration policy. :sweat:

Concerns on immigration ‘based on fallacies’: NTU prof - Yahoo! News Singapore

Therefore, there are still some who are in the favour of the white paper. No wonder the government seems to be a bit of confident despite that they know that a lot of people will go against it.

The white paper of 6.9m population projection sparked a public outcry last month.

A lot of people have expressed concerns, etc. Some even turned up at Hong Lim Park to protest.

However, this man (NTU Professor) apparently likes the idea of population growth. :sweat: He is in favour of the immigration policy. :sweat:

Therefore, there are still some who are in the favour of the white paper. No wonder the government seems to be a bit of confident despite that they know that a lot of people will go against it.

Interesting.
"I’m still in favour of an immigration policy, but then it has to be supplemented by help to the poor.”

Last edited:
Demographics of individual countries. This is only Singapore looking at itself.

However, the world population is growing too fast and people live longer lives.

There are worries food will not be enough to feed all in the world.

The fish in the sea is being over-fished to risk depletion of fish stocks in a few decades.

There is not enough water for so many billions of people in the world.

In future wars may be fought over water.

There is worry that an individual country will have (say, for example) 10% children; with only 20% young adults supporting 70% old folks.

There is worry that medical care costs of so many old folks will cripple the state.

I think at some point to solve this problem, a daring state authority in a country will institutionalise scheduled euthanasia at X age, with the written consent of the aged citizen. State medical staff will administer a lethal dose of painless pharmaceutical injected. Then some of the rest of the countries follow.

Last edited:

The fish in the sea is being over-fished to risk depletion of fish stocks in a few decades.

There is worry that an individual country will have (say, for example) 10% children; with only 20% young adults supporting 70% old folks.

There is worry that medical care costs of so many old folks will cripple the state.

I think at some point to solve this problem, a daring state authority in a country will institutionalise scheduled euthanasia at X age, with the written consent of the aged citizen. State medical staff will administer a lethal dose of painless pharmaceutical injected. Then some of the rest of the countries follow.

We need Soylent Green.

There will be a world war to reset everything.

Without greed, the world definitely can sustain a higher population. Of course countries like Singapore are not part of this equation. We are simply too small. The Prof concept is strange and he didn't understand quality of life. Maybe living in a cage too long. Sorry Prof, my personal opinion.

Life expectancy has increased and that did not lead to quality life for many but burden to others. So, they need to review medication and its application. What is the point of living to 100 but live like a vegetable?

Mother Nature is fair but we human try to turn the table. I am sure I will never live to see this future but I hope I could contribute for a better tomorrow. I would not advocate population increase just to feed the greed of some.

Like my Grandma used to tell me "anything too much and too less is bad it should be just nice" :) that's my take in the population regardless of country we are talking.

There will be a world war to reset everything.

yes for human war is the reset button :) hope it's not the meteor that wipe out the dinosaurs will be our reset button :p

worldpopgr.gif

Up! Up! And Away!

ricohflex said:
In that fiction story made into a movie, dead human remains are recycled as food.

Nothing new about this.. The current factory is called Mother Nature

You shouldn't spend your time posting this.

Instead you should save the energy and invest the time to produce babies for Singapore. :)

Instead you should save the energy and invest the time to produce babies for Singapore. :)

maybe thats what the 2 berserk naked men are trying to do - rise to the occasion, and impregnate any passer by.

On the same note, you shouldn't be spending time and replying.

You should be spending the energy and time to produce babies for Singapore too. ;p

Even we got enough housing, does we having enough space for leisure and other stuffs?

In that fiction story made into a movie, dead human remains are recycled as food.

obviously why i referenced the movie. :cool:

"soylent green is people!"

For a professor, his rationalisations are weird, like those spouted by someone from IMH propounding some grand theories in a vacuum... Maybe should squeeze him in every morning at JE interchange then he may see the light why current situation, if continued, is not acceptable :) His logic on the mrt congestion analogy is so ridiculous, talk about fallacies. Must be trying very hard to please his masters.

Last edited:
For a professor, his rationalisations are weird, like those spouted by someone from IMH propounding some grand theories in a vacuum... Maybe should squeeze him in every morning at JE interchange then he may see the light why current situation, if continued, is not acceptable :) His logic on the mrt congestion analogy is so ridiculous, talk about fallacies. Must be trying very hard to please his masters.

I bet he never take MRT to work during peak hour.
More people will only keep property price high and the owners of these properties happy.

population growth is good if they import more Japanese.

[video=youtube;yzC4hFK5P3g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yzC4hFK5P3g#![/video]