Popular Photography and Imaging magazine subscribers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrust

Sep 25, 2004
hi,

just checking if there are any Popphoto INTERNATIONAL subscribers over here. International meaning you subscribe from the US site and not from the local distributor here.

if there are any, how long does it take the issue to reach you? i've subscribed since 2 months ago and i've yet to receive ANY issues. their records shows that they have even mailed me the Dec 2006 issue. The current issue is Jan 2007 which they say should reach me before 26 Dec 2006.

=/

hi,

just checking if there are any Popphoto INTERNATIONAL subscribers over here. International meaning you subscribe from the US site and not from the local distributor here.

if there are any, how long does it take the issue to reach you? i've subscribed since 2 months ago and i've yet to receive ANY issues. their records shows that they have even mailed me the Dec 2006 issue. The current issue is Jan 2007 which they say should reach me before 26 Dec 2006.

=/

hi, i subscribe to the digital issue instead of print.

from my experience, even for digital subscription, they took quite a long time to sort it out before finally sending me my issues timely after (about 2-3 mths) numerous complains to them. probably might reach u soon if u're lucky.

hi,

I subsribed for the digital issues last month & received only Nov edition. I didn't get december edition. Contacting pop photo support, I was told my subscription was temporarily suspended as they didn't had my email id & would resume only from March 2007. Better be prepared to face such worst way of support & subscription experience unless you are lucky!

hi, i subscribe to the digital issue instead of print.

from my experience, even for digital subscription, they took quite a long time to sort it out before finally sending me my issues timely after (about 2-3 mths) numerous complains to them. probably might reach u soon if u're lucky.

Mine so far so good except for a few issues to arrive a little late than usual.

:) just received my 1st issue today since subscribing 1mth ago today.

Are they worth the investment? Seems like the magazines have high ad. rate.

hm.. im considering print subscription for this magazine.. cuz its much cheaper than off the shelf..

should i be concerned about their customer support?

What I have here is half relevant. I used to suscribe directly from the US as well, and although I dont have problems with them not sending the mag at all, at the end, the main problem is that the magazines arrive 2 months after its out in the newstands in singapore. The fact that you're paying up to 80USD for a year long subscription, made me realise that its probably a lot more convenient to just buy it every month locally. And if I dont like the article for a particular month, I have the option not to get it.

What I have here is half relevant. I used to suscribe directly from the US as well, and although I dont have problems with them not sending the mag at all, at the end, the main problem is that the magazines arrive 2 months after its out in the newstands in singapore. The fact that you're paying up to 80USD for a year long subscription, made me realise that its probably a lot more convenient to just buy it every month locally. And if I dont like the article for a particular month, I have the option not to get it.

true.. but S$12 vs S$4 which one is better? :D

But for foreign magazines (not newsweek or time), the subscription rate for foreign subscribers are nor S$4. Its closer to $10+ (my mags are about 80USD if you subscribe directly from them). So its more like $10 and 2 months late, or pay $12 and get it a few weeks later from US dates.

For example, I used to subscribe to Outside mag directly from the US. I got the olympics issue in Sept/Oct when the olympics was already over.

for popular photography, its tt much diff.

Really? I didn't know. Then you might have a case.

But waiting a few months extra for an issue is quite tiring lah.

hmm okay been MIA from my own thread for some time...

some updates..

i finally received my magazine mid december for the january 2007 issue. and after corresponding with the service staff, it is NORMAL for international subscribers to receive their issues 2 weeks later than the newstands. that's the buffer time they allow for their mailing houses in their respective countries.

as for the subscription... it is dirt cheap now for pop photo. subscription is USD$22 for international subscribers for a period of one year. which converts to about $34.05 per year, about $2.83 SGD per issue compared to $11.90 at Borders. if you ask me if the two week delay is worth it, i say hell yea!

hmm okay been MIA from my own thread for some time...

some updates..

i finally received my magazine mid december for the january 2007 issue. and after corresponding with the service staff, it is NORMAL for international subscribers to receive their issues 2 weeks later than the newstands. that's the buffer time they allow for their mailing houses in their respective countries.

as for the subscription... it is dirt cheap now for pop photo. subscription is USD$22 for international subscribers for a period of one year. which converts to about $34.05 per year, about $2.83 SGD per issue compared to $11.90 at Borders. if you ask me if the two week delay is worth it, i say hell yea!

does this include shipping cost and misc cost too?

Status
Not open for further replies.