Popular Digital Cameras

Status
Not open for further replies.

unnamed79

Jan 5, 2003
Hougang
Visit site
What are some of the more popular DC for beginners to the world of digital photography?

I am looking at the Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon currently. If there are any other popular brands out there, can also recommend to me.

Thanks.

ixus? g3? g5? hehe~..someday i may try out such

not forgetting sony and casio...

AhmadH said:
Important the usage of the camera and also the budget you willing to buy.

Agreed. Quote ur budget and usage so that pple can help you better. On the budget side, I would really recommend Canon A series. I myself bought a A70. The A series offer the cheapest cameras with manual controls.

It is best to stay with manufactures that have been making photographic equipment, Canon, Olympus Nikon Etc.
Stay away from electronic manufactures like HP, Casio, Epson Etc.
I say this from the fact that it is much easer to get service from the camera manufatures, the electronics manufactures really do not have a great support system for service and repair. The only camera manufacture I would stay away from is Kodak, There support is very poor.

prayerboy said:
Agreed. Quote ur budget and usage so that pple can help you better. On the budget side, I would really recommend Canon A series. I myself bought a A70. The A series offer the cheapest cameras with manual controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.