Poor Starhub network coverage in Tuas

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtemujin

Apr 1, 2005
Singapura, Singapore
I'm getting poor network coverage for Starhub in Tuas area.
cry.gif

Anyone having the same problem in Tuas ? I'm not sure where is the cellular base station of Starhub for the Tuas area.

My friends with M1 have no problem with their network coverage.

Come here complain for wad?

Write to Starhub lah. We all not working in Starhub so we can't help u... :D

Dont worry they will send their engineers down to survey the place.

I'm using M1 for personal use and the Starhub is company's line. I've talked to the workers at the area and it seems that Singtel and Starhub network has a weak signal.

Standard reply from Starhub.

Our network engineers have checked and confirmed that the street coverage at
the area is good. However, we noted that in-building coverage may be less
than ideal due to certain limitations such as the type and density of
building structure, height above ground, distance to the nearest base
station and location within the building relative to the windows and outside
walls, among others, where radio signal penetration can be difficult.

Some other limiting factors would be physical and geographical constraints
present at the locations of base stations, seeking approval from relevant
government agencies, securing building owners' agreements, etc.

StarHub is committed to providing our customers a fulfilling mobile
experience. As part of our efforts to improve network coverage, we are
constantly upgrading our existing base stations and have plans to install
more to ensure that coverage remains strong and consistent.

We assure you that we will continue to explore other options and venues to
enhance the coverage at the area. However, as network enhancement would
require time to realise, we apologise that we are unable to provide you with
a definite timeframe with regard to this matter. In the meantime, please
rest assured that your concerns have been shared with the relevant
department.

Hmm.... So? We can't possibly run down tweak the antennas to help u right?

xtemujin said:
I'm using M1 for personal use and the Starhub is company's line. I've talked to the workers at the area and it seems that Singtel and Starhub network has a weak signal.

Standard reply from Starhub.

Dont worry, they will check :)

Alwayschampion,

Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

I've talked to the permanent staff at where I am working now and they told me that most of them have to use M1 as the Starhub and Singtel signal is weak.

not saying bout starhub but tuas is not the only place. . . try tampines ave 10 near tpe. . . oso koyak. . . .

xtemujin said:
Alwayschampion,

Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

I've talked to the permanent staff at where I am working now and they told me that most of them have to use M1 as the Starhub and Singtel signal is weak.

For in this case, if you are willing to pay more quality go for Singtel. I have no comments on M1.

they are only concern with street coverage, inside building is not their 'responsibility'.

here in my house & my neighbors too, Starhub & M1 coverage are okay, but Sinktel no signal ... So called Sinktel, they checked and they proposed putting their super big ugly antenna up some building to improve signal strength, but the building owners don like the un-sightly antenna in their premises.

no one operator covers every single inch in singapore(on street n in buildings)

Ya.. i recently started working in Tuas and i am experiencing the same problem.. my hp is able to catch the malaysian network better then Starhub... Hope the Starhub guys do something abt it.

try using M1 and starhub inside Telepark. 0 signal inside the building, 3 bar just outside the door. duno what did singtel did to the building

naturally singtel line got full bar

In Tuas, Maxis and Cellcom have a very strong signal compared to Singtel and Starhub.

my company in tuas south...sometimes i received Maxis or even ProXL line!
Starhub always no reception..

Yeowww said:
they are only concern with street coverage, inside building is not their 'responsibility'.

here in my house & my neighbors too, Starhub & M1 coverage are okay, but Sinktel no signal ... So called Sinktel, they checked and they proposed putting their super big ugly antenna up some building to improve signal strength, but the building owners don like the un-sightly antenna in their premises.

no one operator covers every single inch in singapore(on street n in buildings)

ya reminds me of mine too... they wanted to put dunno which network's base station on the roof of our apartment.. and of course... all the 'richer' ppl stay at top level... fear for their lifes... (cos radiation...) so project cancelled... imagine those staying on the penthouse, den 1 super big basestation block their sky view... :bsmilie:

One way is to have autoroam on and keep using the phone regardless whether can received local signal or Malaysia operator signal...

If you are billed for autoroam, complaint to the local operator. If enough people do that, they will have to do somethings or to absorb all those autoroam charges every month.

Sometime, this is the only way to "force" them to do somethings since it will hit their pocket else complain also no use, they will just print another copy of their "standard reply" with your name and address.

Status
Not open for further replies.