Poor cover at Changi - 05Feb2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

piranas

Feb 6, 2005
Lousy posing by model Cherry, any session on how a model should post? :dunno:

I dont think that this images should even be posted. Pls respect the model.

Sorry, but I'm looking for artistic posing from a model...not half cover thingy like this...did not even use sticky to cover

piranas said:
Sorry, but I'm looking for artistic posting from a model...not half cover thingy like this...did not even use sticky to cover

Hi Piranas... really quite confused by what u said...

U said 'poor POSTING' by model... u mean this model posted this pic herself?

Or do u mean 'poor POSING' by model...

In any case... were u the photographer of this photo? If so, u can decide what to shoot... If u weren't, then why POST this shot here?

Please enlighten... :think:

I apologise, should respect the model, but was just wondering if fellow photograhpers have had such encounter before..i.e. the model did not follow your instructions on how she should be posing for the shoot

piranas said:
I apologise, should respect the model, but was just wondering if fellow photograhpers have had such encounter before..i.e. the model did not follow your instructions on how she should be posing for the shoot

Hi..to answers your question such thinggy happends..very professional model will post according to ur instructions...its the degree of professionalism..

I believe most model shooters will face this problems..unless u pay very big bucks for very professional models..

piranas said:
Lousy posing by model Cherry, any session on how a model should post? :dunno:

How a model should pose is decided by the photographer. If the model does not pose properly, it is the photographer's job to pose her properly, the model cannot see her own pose. If there is anybody that is to be blamed for poor pose, it should be the photographer, not the model.

Do not agree with you bro. It takes two hands to clap and two to tango. If everything also must tell the model what do to, how to pose, might as well she pays me to teach her, not me paying her to the session....hahaaa ;)

piranas said:
Do not agree with you bro. It takes two hands to clap and two to tango. If everything also must tell the model what do to, how to pose, might as well she pays me to teach her, not me paying her to the session....hahaaa ;)

1st, when you join her session, did she claims to be a professional model that had been to modelling class before? If she is a professional model, then, yes you are partially correct. If she is not a professional model, then the photographer has to pose the model properly.

It takes two hands to clap and two to tango, however if one hand is fractured and one person is born with two left legs, then it is up to the other hand or the other person to help.

Even professional models cannot see their own pose, they can do a pose, but it is still up to the photographer to capture the angle and to adjust the pose. If not, why do you think Modelguru want to give a course to photographers to pose models? Why do you think Blitz28 wanting to start a course to teach photographer how to pose themselves and the models?

I think the picture should be removed. Don't forget that minor ae also viewing the gallery. :what:

Anyway, I never see any artistic post in open area like changi beach, though it should be in a studio. :think:

Aren't photographer be the one to instruct the model on posting? :dunno:

photographer are in control not the model... they(the model) dun know wat U want unless u (photographer)..assist them to post... pity them for god sake for posing for U .. :sweat:

In a studio? Then what's the point? Artistic means in the nature, in open aire, that's how it should be done. Photo removed already. Cheers :think:

Kimlee said:
I think the picture should be removed. Don't forget that minor ae also viewing the gallery. :what:

Anyway, I never see any artistic post in open area like changi beach, though it should be in a studio. :think:

Aren't photographer be the one to instruct the model on posting? :dunno:

piranas said:
In a studio? Then what's the point? Artistic means in the nature, in open aire, that's how it should be done. Photo removed already. Cheers :think:

What i meant is artistic as in nude photography. Anyway, I never shoot a model before. Maybe i am wrong. :sweat:

Hmmm.....she was in the fhm Girl-Next-Door competition, so I took it as she's a professional model. Not worth the $$$ that I have paid. :eek:

Look at this and tell me if she's A professional model? :dunno:

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04IAV46HJYMGF07UENE6QOWQMF

blurblock said:
1st, when you join her session, did she claims to be a professional model that had been to modelling class before? If she is a professional model, then, yes you are partially correct. If she is not a professional model, then the photographer has to pose the model properly.

It takes two hands to clap and two to tango, however if one hand is fractured and one person is born with two left legs, then it is up to the other hand or the other person to help.

Even professional models cannot see their own pose, they can do a pose, but it is still up to the photographer to capture the angle and to adjust the pose. If not, why do you think Modelguru want to give a course to photographers to pose models? Why do you think Blitz28 wanting to start a course to teach photographer how to pose themselves and the models?

I rather pity my pockets, they're not as deep as yours....hahaaa

dzulhjdzaid said:
photographer are in control not the model... they(the model) dun know wat U want unless u (photographer)..assist them to post... pity them for god sake for posing for U .. :sweat:

piranas said:
Hmmm.....she was in the fhm Girl-Next-Door competition, so I took it as she's a professional model. Not worth the $$$ that I have paid. :eek:

Look at this and tell me if she's A professional model? :dunno:

http://s31.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=04IAV46HJYMGF07UENE6QOWQMF

Its a Girl Next Door competition, not a professional model competition, you tell me......

Yes, it does.... only if she claims to be a professional model. Usually, the girls who join the FHM Girl Next Door and get into the top 20 are models as they've the credit. I recognised some of them. Was Cherry in the top 20?
At the same time, yes if u wanted a certain pose, u MUST tell her. AND if she's a pro model, she should know well on how to execute it be it the mood, tone, idea, attitude etc.
Even more so if she was in the FHM Girl Next Door contest and had experience in posing in bikini. (It was a bikini-themed photoshoot right? considering u took it at changi beach... sorry no pic so i'm guessing ;p) I believe they do train them on how to pose during photoshoots during the contest period.

u can do ur part too by making her feel comfortable and confident. :) have a light mood, a bit of laughter... u know... u can do it in a professional way w/o giving the impression that u're flirting. :) hope this helps!
btw, models always complain abt difficult photogs, so dun be one of them! ;) Can i see her photo pls?

This I agrees with Rinoa. I had seen models complaining to me certain photographers are pretty clueless and just ask them pose, but they do not know what the photographers want. When the do a pose, the photographers will be saying things like "this is not the pose I want, can you pose another pose?". Models are just human, they are not mind readers, however some photographers just expect the models to do wonders. If that pose posed by the model works everytime, then chances are it has been used many times. As a photographer, you should be the one bringing out the part of the models that is yet to be discovered and not just "wei, can do a sitting down pose or not".

Status
Not open for further replies.