Poor close-up focusing for Canon A40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Eddy777

Hi all,

I am a newbie who have very little camera experience and I just got my first DC camera Canon A40.

However, I discovered that I always faced difficulties trying to focus on close-up subjects using the A40. The object almost always come out blur. However, the background do look sharp. See below pcitures. Am I getting too close to my objects? If not, I must say the focusing of A40 is very bad, although I have never used any other DC before.

Any comments is welcome, thanks.

flower4.jpg

flower2.jpg

Well

I have attached 2 of the better ones....but very difficult to get them lah...... :(

flower6.jpg

flower7.jpg

can't see your pics but there's a minimum focussing distance for most cameras even under the macro mode (check your manual for the distance). you're using the macro mode right?

oops.....you all can't see?? how come???

The photos are in webshots.....and I can see them.....

Originally posted by Eddy777
oops.....you all can't see?? how come???

The photos are in webshots.....and I can see them.....

you can see them cos they're in your browser's cache. webshots doesn't allow direct linking of pics.

I see... I just changed to homex.coolconnect.com.....so you all should be able to see now... so sorry.... :)

And yes.... I am using macro mode ...

I think A40 is the same as A20 right? 16cm?

Are you moving too close, say less than 16cm? Every cam got it's own macro range limit.

This has been mentioned in many review sites. A40 macro is below average. Not to worry, just buy the lens adapter and a +4 close-up filter.

Hi, the specs for camera says that I can get only as close as 16cm....

Maybe can anyone share any tips on getting good macro shots?? Any thing I should take note?

Should I go further away from my objects and zoom in 3x or do I get closer but without zoom? Which is better?

Just curious, how much will a lens adapter and macro lens for my camera cost?? And can improve the distance by how much?? Just want to know roughly what are the costs involved :).

However, for the time being, I think I will practise more with my new camera as I hardly used a camera before. Hope that I can improve.... :)

Thanks. Regards.

Hi, the specs for camera says that I can get only as close as 16cm....

Maybe can anyone share any tips on getting good macro shots?? Any thing I should take note?

Should I go further away from my objects and zoom in 3x or do I get closer but without zoom? Which is better?

Just curious, how much will a lens adapter and macro lens for my camera cost?? And can improve the distance by how much?? Just want to know roughly what are the costs involved :).

However, for the time being, I think I will practise more with my new camera as I hardly used a camera before. Hope that I can improve.... :)

Thanks. Regards.

You can also buy a A40 teleconvertor TC-DC52 (2.4x) which is a 52mm thread lens. You will need to have the 52mm adaptor to fix it to your A40 before mounting the teleconvertor.

This option will be an expensive option. By the way, just called AP, the above teleconvertor lens will only be available next month.

Wow..expensive? In what price range? $100 - $200????

I got this from a user in another forum. He is using A40 in Automatic and Macro mode.... how did he do that?? :(

flower8.jpg

Wow..expensive? In what price range? $100 - $200????

Powershot / Bebit website listed as US$129 for the convertor lens. That is about S$230.

Alternatively, you still need to get the adaptor (52mm or 58mm) and buy the close up filters +4, +2. How much for the filters, I have forgotten already.

Originally posted by Goondu

You can also buy a A40 teleconvertor TC-DC52 (2.4x) which is a 52mm thread lens. You will need to have the 52mm adaptor to fix it to your A40 before mounting the teleconvertor.

it won't help with close-up pics though. cos the focussing distance will be further away with the teleconverter.

Status
Not open for further replies.