Poor at S$1800/Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yappy

May 30, 2004
Recent anouncement stated that those with total household income $1800 and below will get aids from all the various agencies...Also $500/head/per family/month also fall under poor..

The figure upped from $1500 by $300

Are we POOR?

You mean "we" as people in CS? Of course we are not poor, just look at the number of BBB! :bigeyes:

Recent anouncement stated that those with total household income $1800 and below will get aids from all the various agencies...Also $500/head/per family/month also fall under poor..

Are we POOR?

Don't know about you.

I am poor.

And please help generously with whatever $100 notes you can spare.

depends on the size of the family. a family of 2 would do fine, but a family of 4/5 with school going kids or retired parents under 1 roof is another issue.

:)

It's TOTAL HOUSEHOLD INCOME; not individual income. $1800 for 2, even without kids, is really tough these days.

You mean "we" as people in CS? Of course we are not poor, just look at the number of BBB! :bigeyes:

But BBB can make us poor.

The othe day I saw a begger in City Hall station carrying a 1DS MKII. He was holding a card that said:

"Please help! Poverty because of BBB."

A lot of commuters took pity of him and threw money into his hat generously.

But BBB can make us poor.

The othe day I saw a begger in City Hall station carrying a 1DS MKII. He was holding a card that said:

"Please help! Poverty because of BBB."

A lot of commuters took pity of him and threw money into his hat generously.

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

it is all about lifestyle choices

poor don't have mobile phones
poor don't have digital camera

poor don't have enough money to eat

i saw a local documentary discussing about "poor" people who claim welfare $ for livelihood.

the reporter paid a surprise visit to the house...went in...saw...TV, dvd player,and handphones and family having MacDonald meals at spacious living room....:sweat:

i saw a local documentary discussing about "poor" people who claim welfare $ for livelihood.

the reporter paid a surprise visit to the house...went in...saw...TV, dvd player,and handphones and family having MacDonald meals at spacious living room....:sweat:

MacDonald is a poor man's meal.

Rich people eat Shark Fin Bergers. :bsmilie:

poor don't surf CS as no money to buy PC or go internet cafe. :sweat:

saw a guy (well dress white collar, use W960 ) board SBS bus & no $ pay for fare, bus captain allowed him. (dunno what he spoke to the bus driver)
Later that fellow sat down took out so many coins from the pocket & put back.

Are we POOR?
Is HOUSEHOLD income, not individual income.

What is the question again?

I have helped the poor who stay in my area....

they have mobile phones (prepaid type...a bit smart since they no longer use Singtel landlines), they have digital camera-wannabe Mobile phones...they get free food/groceries from self-help bodies...

not saying that they are having a good time...but that they do have avenues to turn to...

have seen some old ladies....receiving help from various (one I know is receiving from 5 diff organisations) places....they also get some red-packets now and then...

and they subplant their income with collection of tin-cans and newspapers (shitty jobs) but they told me they want to do it..as it helps them exercise and earn side income (no joke)..

however for a younger family....with 2 kids or so and 2 retired elders...$1800 is really..pittance...

Think about it, if we dun buy that expensive lens, use that amount of money to give to the poor.

That day, I passed by this bridge at HarbourFront, saw an old lady selling tissue and when I looked at the type of food she ate, I wanted to cry. I decided not to eat in a restaurant that day and instead gave this amount of money to her.

Think about it, if we dun buy that expensive lens, use that amount of money to give to the poor.

That day, I passed by this bridge at HarbourFront, saw an old lady selling tissue and when I looked at the type of food she ate, I wanted to cry. I decided not to eat in a restaurant that day and instead gave this amount of money to her.

she's at the spot for a period of time already, ever since i started my new job, been seeing her around.
sometimes early into the evening, she fell asleep while selling her stuff...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.