Pondering over lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiddencrypto

Mar 30, 2008
Hey, I am gonna need a lens to take events: talk+seminar+refreshment. I am nikonian. Can any1 recommend me any lens with excellent quality for the good money ?;p

Hey, I am gonna need a lens to take events: talk+seminar+refreshment. I am nikonian. Can any1 recommend me any lens with excellent quality for the good money ?;p

Your current lens doesn't do the job? What's wrong with it?

Night86mare has a great thread in the kopitiam section... http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563397

Nikon D70. I sort want a wider apt lens. :D

18-200 VR with flash if looking for convenience.

Tamron 17-50 is more or less the generally used lens.

you can try prime lenses. i decided to go for primes because the f/2.8 trinity zoom lenses are just too expensive for me... so i started to buy prime lenses. they actually give better IQ and are cheaper. :thumbsup:

to zoom, take a few steps backwards or forwards... ;)

Last edited:
Thanks u all ! I love this forum :heart:

For events, I see many are using the 18-200mm lens.
In indoors, wide aperture MAY be useless due to low-light.

Flash is still needed, at most of the time. ;)

Just because you use flash to compensate for low light, does not mean you can forgo a fast lens. People still use fast lenses with flash because

1) It gives you a higher chance of freezing motion
2) Optics are usually better on fast lenses (YMMV)
3) Subject isolation tends to be better with fast lenses
4) You don't work your flash so hard

Just because you use flash to compensate for low light, does not mean you can forgo a fast lens. People still use fast lenses with flash because

1) It gives you a higher chance of freezing motion
2) Optics are usually better on fast lenses (YMMV)
3) Subject isolation tends to be better with fast lenses
4) You don't work your flash so hard
one more thing also very important, can see better in the dark.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I'd say a 35mm f/1.8g lens would be a good pick for money. Decent for low light condition and it's not too pricey. I think it's about the 300-400 range. Although it's bokeh not the best, but it's still a great lens.

Of couse the 24-70 f/2.8 is the best choice.. but haha. At 2.4k + it's costly!

Status
Not open for further replies.