Poll: threatening legal action, is it justified?

Is ESPN's threat of legal action justified?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
I refer to this thread.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=203896&page=4

Just because Evenstar said,
"not for espn...if you haven't noticed, espn is nikon's unofficial advertiser in CS."

Espn threatened to take legal action.

espn said:
You have linked me with Nikon with unfactual truths and assumptions. Kindly please post a statement to retract what you have said earlier lest legal actions might be taken against you for inflammatory and untruthful facts.

From what I read Evenstar is a JC student. I am just wondering what you guys think of this. Do we want to make CS a place where people threaten to sue Students just because of a comment like the above.

I for one will not stand for it. I hope the mods take a tough stand on this. Two can play the same game. ESPN has 22k posts.... but do we REALLY want to go down this path?

As usual, my poll are Public poll so people can see who votes.

Towkay, which part said I am taking legal action against the JC-Kiddo? Please make sure you get your facts right before you post a thread like this. Looks like you never grow up eh.

So what if he's a JC-Kiddo? You mean to say a JC-Kiddo can splurt what he wants and get away scott-free issit?

Why everytime you must go crying to your moderators without even understanding what has happened? What path are you talking about? You make less sense than I do.

I don't understand what my post counts have got to do with things :rolleyes: Is it that much and get so red-eyed that I have 22K post counts? What is wrong with you guys? If you want so much, then go post and get your post counts up! Else leave my post counts out of it. The owner ME of 22k post counts hasn't even harped on it but so many are already so red-eyed for it :rolleyes: 'doh!

espn said:
Towkay, which part said I am taking legal action against the JC-Kiddo? Please make sure you get your facts right before you post a thread like this. Looks like you never grow up eh.

So what if he's a JC-Kiddo? You mean to say a JC-Kiddo can splurt what he wants and get away scott-free issit?

Why everytime you must go crying to your moderators without even understanding what has happened? What path are you talking about? You make less sense than I do.

which part did I not understand? Did I say you are taking legal action? I said you THREATENED legal action. Let me quote your statement again.

ESPN says "Kindly please post a statement to retract what you have said earlier lest legal actions might be taken against you for inflammatory and untruthful facts."

To be frank I did have second thoughts about posting this. I actually deleted it once as firstly it was none of my business and secondly, I really do not want to have bad blood. After all this is just an online forum. But threatening legal action against a JC student for such a statement... I personally feel it was way out of line

Oh btw, even if I am, what can you do? :rolleyes:

Keep voting guys, let me see the results.

wind30 said:
which part did I not understand? Did I say you are taking legal action? I said you THREATENED legal action. Let me quote your statement again.

ESPN says "Kindly please post a statement to retract what you have said earlier lest legal actions might be taken against you for inflammatory and untruthful facts."
And why only reply to my first portion. Don't dare to reply regarding my post count issue? Come on, let it out, why so hard up on my post count, if you want I can give them to you, if not keep quiet and stay out of my path.

And how about him being a JC-Kiddo, that gives him the right to not be liable for what he says or do? :rolleyes:

Great, you read the main points but left out the important points.

me said:
You have linked me with Nikon with unfactual truths and assumptions. Kindly please post a statement to retract what you have said earlier lest legal actions might be taken against you for inflammatory and untruthful facts.

Did I say if he don't reply I will take action or whoever will take action? I only said he might get into trouble for what he said. Did I say he will get into trouble?

And if he didn't feel guilty, he won't have apologized.

OT: Mods, i notice Wind30 seems to be aiming ESPN all the time.
i wonder if it fulfils all these areas spelt out in the temrs & conditions of use?

FAQ

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

7. Harassment - Harassment of other forum members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means will result in immediate banishment and if serious enough, may be reported to the relevant authorities for their further investigation.

espn said:
And why only reply to my first portion. Don't dare to reply regarding my post count issue? Come on, let it out, why so hard up on my post count, if you want I can give them to you, if not keep quiet and stay out of my path.

Actually the reference to your post count is basically saying in a online forum, we posts freely. Some post more, some post less. We will say the wrong things one time or another. Me included. With your 22k posts, your chances are saying something wrong will be much higher. So why are you threatening legal action? With your 22k posts, if someone really dislikes you, he MAY be able to find something "untrue" or "false" in your posts. Do you want to be threatened like that?

markccm said:
i wonder if it fulfils all these areas spelt out in the temrs & conditions of use?

FAQ

1. Be Nice and Be Civilised - abusing, name-calling, personal attacks on members and/or generally trying to stir up trouble will not be tolerated. Be kind to newbies as they may not know the general flow of the forums. Repeatedly violation of this rule will result in banishment.

7. Harassment - Harassment of other forum members via Private Message, postings, emails or other means will result in immediate banishment and if serious enough, may be reported to the relevant authorities for their further investigation.

I agree :) Pruzz 1

wind30 said:
Actually the reference to your post count is basically saying in a online forum, we posts freely. Some post more, some post less. We will say the wrong things one time or another. Me included. With your 22k posts, your chances are saying something wrong will be much higher. So why are you threatening legal action? With your 22k posts, if someone really dislikes you, he MAY be able to find something "untrue" or "false" in your posts. Do you want to be threatened like that?
Yeah we post freely, so what's your problem? Did I use 22K of my posts to talk to +evenstar? :rolleyes:

IF you can dig out my 22K posts and take action against me, come on, I'll be waiting for you.

Was it even a threat? A threat is something that goes like this:

"I hereby give you 24 hours to remove that xxx and apologize to xxx else I will take action against you"

not

"Kindly please post a statement to retract what you have said earlier lest legal actions might be taken against you for inflammatory and untruthful facts."

You obviously have a problem with understanding english, you cannot tell advice from threat. I suggest you take some english reading lesson or something instead of spending so much time online the forums trying so hard to get at me and posting all your stupid useless hardware talk thread.

i read these threads. but, i have not found justifiable grounds for 'threathening' legal action.

reachme2003 said:
i read these threads. but, i have not found justifiable grounds for 'threathening' legal action.
I'm surprised you even do something else apart from posting all those so called "safe-political" threads in kopitiam! I didn't think you bothered about the other subforums, including what I post!! I'm honoured!

You amaze me!

the pleasure is all mine. stick to the subject matter at hand, pls.

espn said:
I'm surprised you even do something else apart from posting all those so called "safe-political" threads in kopitiam! I didn't think you bothered about the other subforums, including what I post!! I'm honoured!

You amaze me!

reachme2003 said:
the pleasure is all mine. stick to the subject matter at hand, pls.
This is kopitiam. Isn't it? :eek:

Oh yeah it is, else you won't be posting here.

markccm said:

FAQ

what about those comment (may be in different form) espn aiming at wind30 then, it's quite reciprocal really :confused:

As Mod previously suggested, better have them all come out to have coffee then go for shooting then waste time flaming here.

Lately really hot in CS, a lot of flaming around :sweat:

Just my newbie thought, please don't flame me :cry: .

zcf said:
what about those comment (may be in different form) espn aiming at wind30 then, it's quite reciprocal really :confused:

As Mod previously suggested, better have them all come out to have coffee then go for shooting then waste time flaming here.

But you contributed to the flame by voting. If you were a newbie and you didn't want to get flamed, why vote for something you just read off posted by wind30 without even understanding the full context and/or what I typed above? :rolleyes:

Did I aim at wind30? All I did was acknowledge him as a S3 PRO user that's good at DR and even help push for S3 PRO's DR. I even started a thread to nominate him as a mod, you mean that's aiming?

Wow.

That's rather helpful from a newbie.

'my newbie thought'? with more than 2500 counts.

zcf said:

zcf said:

then one has to dig out the history.
& when u find it, u will know if it is the former or the latter.

zcf said:

Because lately CS alway down mah, so stress level shoot up very fast.. that's why go many flame..

let me start one for you first..:bsmilie:

zcf :flame: soma

markccm said:

FAQ

You say I am harassing ESPN. Do you see my posting history. I have ONLY posted in EIGHT threads in the nikon forum for the past TWO months. ESPN will come into my photoaday thead and post sacarstic remarks about s3 pro when I never even say the photos is taken by s3 pro.
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=201585

I on the other hand NEVER post in ESPN's threads (for maybe the past 4 months) unless the topic is about me.

Anyway, don't change the topic. do you think ESPN's action is justified?

How about your own comments then?

espn said:
You really don't understand the consequences of it eh? I'll let you learn the hard way then.
markccm said:
uh oh...
Papa gotta pay 4 legal fees liao...

R U proud of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.