Poll:If the same price S2Pro & D100, which one will you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rochkoh

Feb 8, 2002
Under your skin
Visit site

Soooo much talk and soooo little action. Here's the poll. :)

I think i will be happy with any of them! ;)

Any of them available in Singapore already? Nikon Singapore has the list price of S$3888 for the D100, has Fuji Singapore announces the price for S2Pro?

Originally posted by Kho King
Any of them available in Singapore already? Nikon Singapore has the list price of S$3888 for the D100, has Fuji Singapore announces the price for S2Pro?
MS Color said S2 Pro 5th July
Fujifilm said minimal stock (???) first week of July around 4K.
Full stock by end July, whatever that means.

Nikon replied as follows :
The D100 should be in the market somewhere around early next month.
All Nikon Digital comes with Local Warranty and not international as normal SLR

Originally posted by rochkoh

Soooo much talk and soooo little action. Here's the poll. :)

Hello guys, this is my first post here. I just got hold of a Finepix S2 pro and a Sigma 20-40 mm 2.8 EX HSM lens from Alan Photo. First impression is that the hold and feel is really nice, doesn't feel cheap although the outer layer is plastic. I am still going through the manual and getting familiarised with the controls and settings. Then I got lucky. I saw a 2nd hand mint condition Sigma 50-500 mm EX HSM lens on sale at Peninsula Plaza. After a quick check, I bought it. I think I have to get a monopod to go with this, it's damm heavy at 1.8 kg.

Originally posted by limlh

Hello guys, this is my first post here. I just got hold of a Finepix S2 pro and a Sigma 20-40 mm 2.8 EX HSM lens from Alan Photo. First impression is that the hold and feel is really nice, doesn't feel cheap although the outer layer is plastic. I am still going through the manual and getting familiarised with the controls and settings. Then I got lucky. I saw a 2nd hand mint condition Sigma 50-500 mm EX HSM lens on sale at Peninsula Plaza. After a quick check, I bought it. I think I have to get a monopod to go with this, it's damm heavy at 1.8 kg.
so you are the one that got the len!....
no wonder I went to see ... no there anymore!

Originally posted by Bluestrike

so you are the one that got the len!....
no wonder I went to see ... no there anymore!

Were you wanting to buy it? Sorry, I got there first. Actually there is a thread in this forum talking about this Zoom on sale at TCW, but frankly I did not read it before going, just happened to see it there while shopping for lenses.

Originally posted by mpenza
limlh, mind sharing how much you paid for the S2 Pro?

$3600 w/o gst. The Asian version comes with raw converter LE not XE as in USA.

Originally posted by kongg
Soooooooo Limlh u are the person who bought the lens.How much did u buy it for????Less than 1k??

Which lens? The 2nd hand Sigma 50-500 mm? Price for this new is about $1550 - 1600.

Originally posted by chaotic
I think i will be happy with any of them! ;)

LoL....i like your choice best. :D

Oh i just bought mine last week for $3700 inclusive of GST and it comes with the Hyper Utility EX which includes the Raw Convertor EX also. Damn bloody cool software. Err...the shop owner burned me a copy that is. :D

...Hmm...

Before you decide which one...i suggest you read the Practical Photography September edition.....There is really an indepth side by side review of these two cameras.....

Regards,'
me

Yup,

Just got meself a copy. They've given both cameras scores of 91%.

Summary:
D100
Features: 92/100 - Loads, only a lack of PC socket and Firewire count against it.
Handling: 93/100 - Superb, apart from a few gripes about the LCD.
Performance: 90/100 - Good, but AF struggles in difficult lighting conditions.
Image Quality: 88/100 - Sharpness is good and there's the potential for great images.
Value for Money : 90/100 - It's cheaper than the Fuji, and the Canon D60.

S2Pro
Features: 95/100 - Has everything you could ask for and more.
Handling: 90/100 - Not quite as easy as the Nikon, but still works well.
Performance: 91/100 - Everything works well in most conditions.
Image Quality: 91/100 - Sharpness and definition is of a very high standard.
Value for Money : 90/100 - Expensive, but you get more features than the D100

Source: Sept 2002 Practical Photography.

Originally posted by sulhan
...Hmm...

Before you decide which one...i suggest you read the Practical Photography September edition.....There is really an indepth side by side review of these two cameras.....

Regards,'
me

even though the ratings are the same, the reviewer did indicate he prefers the S2 Pro in the summary (if I remember correctly)....

Originally posted by rochkoh
Yup,

Just got meself a copy. They've given both cameras scores of 91%.

Summary:
D100
Features: 92/100 - Loads, only a lack of PC socket and Firewire count against it.
Handling: 93/100 - Superb, apart from a few gripes about the LCD.
Performance: 90/100 - Good, but AF struggles in difficult lighting conditions.
Image Quality: 88/100 - Sharpness is good and there's the potential for great images.
Value for Money : 90/100 - It's cheaper than the Fuji, and the Canon D60.

S2Pro
Features: 95/100 - Has everything you could ask for and more.
Handling: 90/100 - Not quite as easy as the Nikon, but still works well.
Performance: 91/100 - Everything works well in most conditions.
Image Quality: 91/100 - Sharpness and definition is of a very high standard.
Value for Money : 90/100 - Expensive, but you get more features than the D100

Source: Sept 2002 Practical Photography.

Hmmm... just went down to the Nikon promo site in Suntec today. The price is about S$3.8k++. The D60 is about the S$3.7K+.. so how come cheaper?

Anyway, tested out the D100... way cool!! The new ATTL Speedlite (SB-80DX) was a amazing match to the cam..

M/S Color AMK - Selling D100 for $3500.oo awesome bargain price......
They told me the price Sat evening, when I was looking for dry cabby...

In the "Digital Photo User", Nov'02 issue, there's an article on Nikon D100 titled "Field Test". The conclusion the editor made was, almost all the photos took were dreadfully under-exposed. It gave it a rating of a poor 6/10. :(

Anyway, I didn't get the chance to play with either S2 or D100, but if given the chance, I'll go for a Nikon, definitely D100 in this case. No reason, guess I probably grow up loving Nikon and playing with Nikon all these while.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.