POLL: How many of you are vegetarians and why?

I am a vegatarian because:

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
This post is motivated by the following discussion from InitialE24:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=261515

It shows a video of how cruelly animals are treated for their meat. It's not just the terrible torture that they go thru....(it's really disgusting how the poor animals are being treated!) it's the bad stuffs we are taking in too!

For those who are vegetarians, do you have problems when it comes to eating out? I always use this as an excuse for not becoming one. :confused:

Where do you normally eat and how do you ensure you get your daily nutritional needs especially if you are active in sports?

Where do you normally eat and how do you ensure you get your daily nutritional needs especially if you are active in sports?

i guess being a vegetarian does not make a person weak...

imagine the strongest animals in the animal kingdom...they r the elephants and gorillas.

the shaolin monks r strong too...

in fact, i always feel tired easily after taking meat compared to having greens for meals...:thumbsup:

Actually I believe and in fact have read that it's possible to get the same nutritional value in greens as in animals. But I know nuts about what to prepare. I'm also not one who likes to prepare food for work so eating out for lunch is the norm.

But if you look at the stuffs sold at your workplace, canteen, food court, most of them contain animal meat. There is sometimes the Chinese veg stall but I find them unhealthy as ironically, the oil they use is like :bigeyes: And can't be eating from the same stall every day. So selection of food seems very limited.

So hope the veg people will kindly share some ideas how you do it so veg-to-be can learn? Tnx!

If u're into animal rights and stuff like that, being a vegetarian is not enough. Be a vegan. If u can be one, I'll :thumbsup:

A vegetarian only do not eat meat but he can/might use leather stuffs and other animal products. A vegan=totally no animal products and food. Butter and eggs also :nono: Not easy. Everything u buy/use, u have to know its origins and things used to make it.

There is not point being a vegetarian if u're into animal rights. Using animal products like leather etc is also killing animals.

How come only animals have rights? Don't trees, flowers (lettuce, cabbage), roots, grass have their rights to live too? How come people still step on grass, cut trees, harvest vegetables etc?

Heehee...

If you can live on air, soil and water alone, then more power. :bsmilie:

i guess being a vegetarian does not make a person weak...

imagine the strongest animals in the animal kingdom...they r the elephants and gorillas.

the shaolin monks r strong too...

in fact, i always feel tired easily after taking meat compared to having greens for meals...:thumbsup:

u belong to a herbivore... time to convert... FOLLOW YOUR DESTINY!!!

omg. look at the poll.:bsmilie: perhaps there's a strange correlation between photographers and vegs.

How come only animals have rights? Don't trees, flowers (lettuce, cabbage), roots, grass have their rights to live too? How come people still step on grass, cut trees, harvest vegetables etc?

Heehee...

If you can live on air, soil and water alone, then more power. :bsmilie:

plants dun have blood :bsmilie:

I watched a VCD from the vegetarian society of singapore. There are 3 tracks in it. First is how the animals are reared, treated and killed. Second is an interview with vegetarian on why they decide to eat only veg and lastly the comparing of meat and veg's nutrient. Of cos organic minerals are better it seems.

The VCD had videos of Cow, Chicken and Pigs, from that day onwards I only eat seafood....which is not on the vcd. Soon I will stop eating seafood altogether. It's the images of the animals of how they are treated and killed that stopped me from eating land animal meat.

Am I on the right track?

It shows a video of how cruelly animals are treated for their meat. It's not just the terrible torture that they go thru....(it's really disgusting how the poor animals are being treated!) it's the bad stuffs we are taking in too!

For those who are vegetarians, do you have problems when it comes to eating out? I always use this as an excuse for not becoming one. :confused:

I have no problem when eating out as there are more n more places selling vege food of cos u must know where got sell. Most of the time if i know i go to a place dun sell either i packet or have more the meal before then in between get some snack or energy bar with soyabean to tahan later then eat abit more lor...
Even during my bmt days (was vege before army days) we already have vege food from SFI so also not much of a problem i am quite fortunate compared to my friends who enlisted a yr or 2 before me they do not have these luxury.

If u duno where sell vege food maybe u can tell me the place u frequent i try my best to tell u where gt sell.

For nutrition wise i make sure my food have the following 5 colours: Red, White, Yellow, Black, Green.

I watched a VCD from the vegetarian society of singapore. There are 3 tracks in it. First is how the animals are reared, treated and killed. Second is an interview with vegetarian on why they decide to eat only veg and lastly the comparing of meat and veg's nutrient. Of cos organic minerals are better it seems.

The VCD had videos of Cow, Chicken and Pigs, from that day onwards I only eat seafood....which is not on the vcd. Soon I will stop eating seafood altogether. It's the images of the animals of how they are treated and killed that stopped me from eating land animal meat.

Am I on the right track?

if one day u see a VCD on how fields are cleared for planting vegetations and how this clearing has resulted in climate shift , affecting extinct of cute polar bear bear and many animals died as a result of climatic problem due to deforestation, pesticide, etc.... will u still eat vegetables? :embrass:

i have no proof that this is linked to climate shift. just brainstorming and IF one day it is proven...

if one day u see a VCD on how fields are cleared for planting vegetations and how this clearing has resulted in climate shift , affecting extinct of cute polar bear bear and many animals died as a result of climatic problem due to deforestation, pesticide, etc.... will u still eat vegetables? :embrass:

i have no proof that this is linked to climate shift. just brainstorming and IF one day it is proven...

Haha, ops then this VCD will prove you wrong. Do you know that there is a prediction of shortage of animals in the years to come? In order to get 1 KG of meat which is so lacking in the nutrient that we need, you need a few hectas of land for the animal to graze just to get 1kg of meat. Think abt it if we are the ones using the land to feed for the veg, why waste it on the cow which return you with so little meat for that piece of land?

Haha, ops then this VCD will prove you wrong. Do you know that there is a prediction of shortage of animals in the years to come? In order to get 1 KG of meat which is so lacking in the nutrient that we need, you need a few hectas of land for the animal to graze just to get 1kg of meat. Think abt it if we are the ones using the land to feed for the veg, why waste it on the cow which return you with so little meat for that piece of land?

actually hor, what i meant is: if one day (say 10 years from now) u found that eating vegetable does more harm to animals, humans and earth in whatever sense, will u still eat vegetables? :embrass:

actually hor, what i meant is: if one day (say 10 years from now) u found that eating vegetable does more harm to animals, humans and earth in whatever sense, will u still eat vegetables? :embrass:

no. will eat tablets.

The whole problem is that we've forgotten (or rather chosen to forget) how to live in harmony with nature.
Mankind thinks that he is superior to all living beings - he has a greater 'right' to live on this planet. Yeah, really ? He can kill animals, plunder (mother) earth. What an irony !!! We say mother earth on one hand and yet destroy her - call it global warming, clearing of rain forests or extinction of living species.
Its a definite recipe for disaster. The telltale signs are there, but once again we are happily ignoring them. We don't know how the earth will be 100 years from now...

Sorry, this topic was about Vegetarians, but I got side tracked.

Peace.

cow.gif

i love this chart :bsmilie:

Think currently the problems come mostly from animal meat. If still given me a choice in future when meat and plants are causing us to be sick, I will switch to supplements. As already now the food that we eat does not give us enough of what our body needs to grow causing all the bad effects.

Till then when nothing can be eaten....maybe someone will get a nobel prize for coming up with something which is better then meat and veg. Then we maybe called ***arians?

Actually I believe and in fact have read that it's possible to get the same nutritional value in greens as in animals. But I know nuts about what to prepare. I'm also not one who likes to prepare food for work so eating out for lunch is the norm.

But if you look at the stuffs sold at your workplace, canteen, food court, most of them contain animal meat. There is sometimes the Chinese veg stall but I find them unhealthy as ironically, the oil they use is like :bigeyes: And can't be eating from the same stall every day. So selection of food seems very limited.

So hope the veg people will kindly share some ideas how you do it so veg-to-be can learn? Tnx!

I am sure most of the stalls they will have variety of food esp in foodcourt they have porriage, vege rice, stir fried, dried noodles like vege wan tan mee, noodles, kway tiao soup, some will even have 'yong tau fu'......

Status
Not open for further replies.