POLL: do u own any of these canon tilt-shift lenses?

which canon tilt shift lens do you own?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicboy

Mar 7, 2004
Changi
inspired by another poll..hehe

Hi,
Would like to get one oneday. :bsmilie: Only saw it once for sale 2nd hand at Peninsula Plaza about 2 yrs back.

CaeSiuM said:
great stuffs for architectural work.

great for taking some sceneries also..buildings blah blah.. :bsmilie:

devilicboy said:
great for taking some sceneries also..buildings blah blah.. :bsmilie:

Devilicboy, do you own one yourself? I'm planning to get the 24mm one.

esterp said:
Devilicboy, do you own one yourself? I'm planning to get the 24mm one.
yeap..i have the 24mm one, but seldom use as i dont really have time for shooting outdoors.:sad:

Nobody on CS has the 45 and 90 TSEs?? :sweat: :think: :bigeyes:

many including me don't even know what they do...

any sample pics?

Tilt shift lenses allow u to tilt the front section of the lens up or down. The advantage is that this allows less distortion of curving straight lines (especially on buildings) which is obvious on most lenses, especially super wide angle ones. My explanation is really in layman's terms as i don't really know how they exactly do what they come up with, but simply, it prevents getting those converging lines u see on buildings if u shoot them with normal lenses, especially when up close or using a super wide angle lens. Therefore, it is most useful for architectural purposes as they provide a distortion reduced shot. If u still dunno what i'm talking about..haha...go to the canon webby... :what:

great stuff they are..but most of our usage pattern doesnt justify the cost of getting one ie hardly need 2 shoot until so "exact" ;)

Wondering if the owners of the 45mm and 90mm TSEs mind dropping me a PM... thanx.

i wonder what happens when your shift it wrongly...

so instead of wanting the corrected perspective... but you use it to distort instead... maybe the owners of the lens wanna try?

just my friday thought.

cool to have upward diverging lines marr.. .haha..

moos blues said:
i wonder what happens when your shift it wrongly...

so instead of wanting the corrected perspective... but you use it to distort instead... maybe the owners of the lens wanna try?

just my friday thought.

cool to have upward diverging lines marr.. .haha..

Yes, it can be done. I've seen it somewhere. You can shift it "wrongly" to have an out of this world perspective.

Assume you're at the bottom of the building.

If you shift it in the *correct* direction, and you overdo it, the vertical lines will diverge skyward instead of converge; it looks terrible, like a photoshop effect gone wrong. Or the architects were drunk and made the top slightly thicker than the base.

If you shift it in the other direction, it just converges more, but still looks quite natural. Normally, reverse shift is not very useful/artistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.