Poll CS000097

Would you take a 5k bank loan to get a bicycle?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BraveHart

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.ef2pt8.com
Based on a true life incident (at least that's what a friend of mine told me).

Now..its your say :)

you must b kidding take loan 2 buy bicycle?? 1st time i heard of it, somemore 5K??
The bicycle must be a motor driven is it?? if not OMG!!!!!!!

well, to each his own. i know many who take credit loans to buy digicams and DSLRs and lenses, so why not bicycles if you're really crazy about them? also know people who buy diamonds on loan/credit also, not necessarily for themselves.

i personally wouldn't, but then i'm not crazy (about cycling). :D

if you are very sure that you will have a constant and stable income to pay back the loan and also you want the bicycle not because of BUY BUY BUY syndrome

why not?

The banks must be really happy.

The debt syndrome is so entrenched that most in the developed world are living on projected earnings and instant gratification.

In business, loans can be leveraged for future earnings. For regular consumers, loans reduce us to perpetual financial slavery.

So.....who drives and hasn't paid off the loans yet?:D

Originally posted by limhousen
The banks must be really happy.

The debt syndrome is so entrenched that most in the developed world are living on projected earnings and instant gratification.

In business, loans can be leveraged for future earnings. For regular consumers, loans reduce us to perpetual financial slavery.

So.....who drives and hasn't paid off the loans yet?:D

i dun but i knw of quite a few...

pretty sad to hear of really....bt they seem so carefree....so free i cant explain...:dunno:

btw to the poll: nope.

altho i would love to given the subject matter is another item of my interest or likes...

Originally posted by BraveHart
Based on a true life incident (at least that's what a friend of mine told me).

Now..its your say :)
depends on what that person gonna use the bike for.

Originally posted by Newbiez
depends on what that person gonna use the bike for.

How about "He can only cycle on a 5k bicycle? " :p

Jeeezz, I can't imagine how a 5k bicycle looks like, not into all these bicycle thingy. But getting a loan for a bike sounds a little.....

Used to be a biking enthusiat once. 5K for a pro spec mountain bike is actually not that exp man

Frame (Titanium) Ard S$3,000
Drive Train (Shimano XTR) Ard S$2,000
Front suspension fork Ard S$600
Seat (Titanium) Ard S$300
Headset Ard S$200
Handlebar Ard S$300
Tires and wheels................

So u see, its alot of investment.

kongg...yeah...I agree hobbies can be pretty expensive...but to take out a loan just for it.....its abit crazy...unless one makes money out of it? Most people I know save up till enough before purchasing....interest free some more :D

All hobbies are expensive lah.

When you tell people i have spent 5k on my camera (i didnt!), they will say you siao.

When people tell you they spent 5k on audio, you say they siao.

When you borrow 5k just to satisfy a hobby? I really don't know what to say...:rolleyes:

:dent:

BraveHart, I guess it also depends on your friend's status. If he's finanically strong, with a high pay job etc, that's not too bad.

However, I'm still thinking loan 5k just for a bike is a bit...er.... espcially when the market is pretty er...

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ashrobo
OT: i beg to differ.. not ALL hobbies are expensive.

Collecting seashells along beachline. So long as you dont get caught.

Originally posted by ashrobo
OT: i beg to differ.. not ALL hobbies are expensive.

Well reading is not.

There are lots of books in the library for free.

Status
Not open for further replies.