Poll & C&C - lady in red (color and B&W)

which version nicer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
which nicer?
going to blow to super 8R for friend.need feedback.
critical critique welcomed.

J13.jpg

J2.jpg

i like the colour one... very peaceful... if can, pp the white colour at the bottom of the frame to yellowish also?

just a suggestion...

b&w made it look scary

i like the colour one... very peaceful... if can, pp the white colour at the bottom of the frame to yellowish also?

just a suggestion...

b&w made it look scary

thanks, i'll try all suggestions tonight if i can afford the time.:)

Red is definitely better.

After all, it IS titled "Lady in Red". ;)

Bernard

Red is definitely better.

After all, it IS titled "Lady in Red". ;)

Bernard

ok, i'll change title to prevent bias voting.:)

-----------------------------------------
Edit:just realised i cant change thread title. :(

ok, i'll change title to prevent bias voting.:)
change it to "ghostly figure..."

you will get another reaction liao

hmmm and your friend got 6 toes?

change it to "ghostly figure..."

you will get another reaction liao

hmmm and your friend got 6 toes?

5.the other's a shadow.
i'll PS it away.
thanks for highlighting this.

I also throw my vote to the coloured one..altho i cant vote due to low post count..arrgh..

I also throw my vote to the coloured one..altho i cant vote due to low post count..arrgh..

wah. got such thing one ah?

:think: color version-nice used of grain..not too much & not too little;p
:think: B&W version-maybe w/o grain is better or try on channel mixer+filter efect ...or maybe add a little soft blur it might work ler:bsmilie:

dont flame me ok!...i just a newbie here to c&c:bsmilie:

B & W works for me
Has a nice retro feel
The title will have to be changed too "Lady Reposed ", maybe

The grain or noise in the color version is too distracting

as i'm shooting more or pp more pics into bnw, i'm slowly beginning to fall in love with bnw pics.

it's been a while since i see these 2 pics and suddenly i find the bnw version appealing too though i preferred the color version initially....

:dunno:

interesting idea.

on top of the unnecessary shadow that created the '6th toe,' the concentration of light around the right leg is pulling alot of attention there. the noise is extremely unrefine, really too coarse, it's removing all the details in the picture. it's too destructive to be considered as grains.

interesting idea.

on top of the unnecessary shadow that created the '6th toe,' the concentration of light around the right leg is pulling alot of attention there. the noise is extremely unrefine, really too coarse, it's removing all the details in the picture. it's too destructive to be considered as grains.

point taken.thanks for the comments.;)

The B&W here looks bad BECAUSE ...
1. Its not taken with film/slide; postprocessed, hence cause the pixel/noise condition real bad
2. Its not filtered ...ie. contrast can be made with colored filter e.g red will turn her clothing white while cyan will turn it black.
3. When you b&w image will intensify shape/form, be careful about the image showing feet bigger than face:bigeyes:

Next time try:
1. Using film like Ilford, with lower ISO ... IMO i like maximize lady's softness than coarse
2. Control the lighting to show more facial expression than feet/hand ... else this strong contradiction will CONFUSE the audience
3. You can try gelatine filters

Good try though! Thks for sharing:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.