POLL: buying items

what will you do?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilicboy

Mar 7, 2004
Changi
when u wan to buy 2nd hand items, but the seller lives in the other part of sgp, do you drop the sale or do you go all the way to the other end of sgp jus to get 2nd hand goods at a slightly cheaper price? or do you look for another seller?

yeah. meet @ places like cityhallmrt will do just nice (15 min bus ride from home 4 me ^_^ )

what if the buyer only wants to meet at the mrt nearest his house?? :think:

If the difference is only a few bucks, the transport fee will offset the savings. So why spend the time?

if the other party is a bit unwillign to travel...then if u really wanto but it /sell it very badly..then just go the xtra mile lor =)

[whats more by travellign a bit more, u can get to go sightseeing in our dear singapura. thats what i realised when i was in NS brigade and we had to send <area IC> envelops to all the NSmen. yah it gets tiring and sweaty but really its a chance to see places u never see b4 in sgland. come to think of it..even though sg land is kinda small, have u ever actually seen every part of your fatherland? ;-) ]

i'll meet the person in town.. Haha.. (you should add this option in man!)

behyx said:
i'll meet the person in town.. Haha.. (you should add this option in man!)

what if the other person onyl wants to trade at the mrt nearest his house? what will you do?

well, if its slightly cheaper only, that i suggest going to the retail shops or trading with other people. i mean, the transport free meh? hahaz...and also, i always believe tech stuff (especially cams) should NOT be bought as 2nd hand lar. there are however exceptional cases lor. like the condition is mint and things like that. :bsmilie:

i think i'm contradicting myself..... :think:

devilicboy said:
when u wan to buy 2nd hand items, but the seller lives in the other part of sgp, do you drop the sale or do you go all the way to the other end of sgp jus to get 2nd hand goods at a slightly cheaper price? or do you look for another seller?

this thread is very confusing.....you got the buyer and seller mixed up in the poll and the thread.......read again :confused:

swimcraze said:
this thread is very confusing.....you got the buyer and seller mixed up in the poll and the thread.......read again :confused:

But the issue is the same: a transaction where the other party refuses to travel.

devilicboy said:

Most of my transactions were actually done in Peninsula. Most photogs hang around that area now and then, so there seems to be less 'resistance' to meet there as a compromise.

i've travelled across the island for transactions before, but only as the buyer; usually the buyer is more 'desperate' for the item than the seller is for the money. i would say that if the price is good and the item is hard to come by, the buyer should move - most of the time.

devilicboy said:
what if the other person onyl wants to trade at the mrt nearest his house? what will you do?

if the price is really a steal, then i'll personally travel down to wherever MRT he wants (anyway SG is so small).

but if the price is average, comparable to what others are selling, i'll rather get from others OR ask him to meet me somewhere to my convenience.

i'll always take the product + price + "desperate-ness" into consideration before i want to close a deal with the buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.