Police Speed traps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlchong

Aug 7, 2004
Redhill
On my way back from Lim Chu Kang camp at twelve plus, I encountered two speed traps.

A) About 100m off the Civil defence academy.

B) PIE exit Clementi ave 6

The speed trap for B was especially well concealed, the police officer was seated with his speed trap right behind a bush, far away from the street lamp. They chose such a dark spot and i would not have spotted them if his colleague didn't stand up and walk away from him.

Pls note that the speed limit for both roads are 60km/h.

Hope this helps in some way. :bsmilie:

jlchong said:
On my way back from Lim Chu Kang camp at twelve plus, I encountered two speed traps.

A) About 100m off the Civil defence academy.

B) PIE exit Clementi ave 6

The speed trap for B was especially well concealed, the police officer was seated with his speed trap right behind a bush. Wouldn't have spotted them if his colleague didn't stand up and walk away from him.

Pls note that the speed limits for both roads are 60km/h.

Hope this helps in some way. :bsmilie:

wa liao, thanks for the information man. Travel those 2 roads every day. I drive like an Ah Pek but sometimes, something make my foot step on the accelerator.......

Wa.... Looks like TP now very smart liao. Still put speed traps. :bsmilie:

obviousdude said:
problem is that these speed traps are always at different places. i don't think they'll be at any one place for 2 days....

The one at PIE exit Clementi ave 6 seems to be quite well monitored. Know a handful of pple kanna there, since early Jan.

hehe. lets start being considerate motorists then!!

If you see a speed trap on the opposite side of the road... be nice and flash your headlights at the oncoming cars to let them know.

At least this was what we used to do in Australia...

but of course in Australia, people would call in and like our 'traffic watch' they would duifully report on speed camera locations every half hour or so.

go figure.. :dunno:

Maybe we can try to update the speed traps we encounter on this thread. With internet access almost everywhere nowadays, be it from home, office or school,we can always update one and other on the location of the traps. i am sure we can help one another save some money.

Might even find a pattern or where the ''hot spots'' for speed traps
are.

Maybe the Traffic Police need to send a few extreme speeding drivers to jail, and let the media report it everywhere, that would have a bigger impact on drivers.

Nexus said:
A slow driver driving dangerously and recklessly? :sweatsm: The equation just doesn't add up.
A slow driver can drive dangerously and recklessly.
Example 1: you are going straight through a junction, suddenly a taxi comes out from a small lane and cut into your lane.
Example 2: you are on left lane, taxi on centre lane, taxi see a passanger, then switch to left lane suddenly, in front of u.

Status
Not open for further replies.