Police jacket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astin

Mar 2, 2002
Astin Studio
astin.clubsnap.org
I am now in Thailand, and I saw a shop selling a jacket, looks like those police black colour bullet proof jacket but its a fake one, with a big white word "POLICE" on the back of the jacket. I am very tempted to buy one for my studio wardrobe. But I am not sure will I run into legal trouble in Singapore for this kind of jacket? Anyone can advise?

This is my personal opinion. Just buy it and put it in your luggage. Customs should be no problem. Furthermore you will be using it in your studio right. As long as not in public place then it should be ok.

I thought new PM wants new thinking? Just buy it. If custom not allowed, write to LSL. :)

Astin said:
I am now in Thailand, and I saw a shop selling a jacket, looks like those police black colour bullet proof jacket but its a fake one, with a big white word "POLICE" on the back of the jacket. I am very tempted to buy one for my studio wardrobe. But I am not sure will I run into legal trouble in Singapore for this kind of jacket? Anyone can advise?

Ask them to sew different wordings?

Like Poliza, Polis, etc?

What legal problems? I don't foresee any. :dunno:

AJ23 said:
Ask them to sew different wordings?

Like Poliza, Polis, etc?

Sew Thief or Terrorist !!! :bsmilie: ;p

Simple....

It's not a weapon right? Anyway, we have all learned this during our NS days....

You can do anything you want, as long as you don't get caught.

Otherwise...... do what we do best always: When kena caught... ACT BLUR :dunno: :angel:

From a legal point of view, there is no offence in purchasing or even wearing it as long as it does not have any rank or insignia that identifies you as a police officer.

In fact, you can probably get something similar in Beach Road market (and they might even throw in senior officer rank insignias!).

If you're thinking of wearing a police uniform for shoots, however, you may need permission if the model isn't a police officer, even if it's a private shoot.

feryl said:
From a legal point of view, there is no offence in purchasing or even wearing it as long as it does not have any rank or insignia that identifies you as a police officer.

In fact, you can probably get something similar in Beach Road market (and they might even throw in senior officer rank insignias!).

If you're thinking of wearing a police uniform for shoots, however, you may need permission if the model isn't a police officer, even if it's a private shoot.

Austin, as it is fake, i should think that it will not present a problem for you.

feryl, there are prohibited items eg. handcuffs, handheld 'zapper',etc.

dunno leh.. it's just apparal. clothes.
i dont think there should be a problem even with real bulletproof vests lor..

wah... fake jacket with POLICE word.

IMO, depending on the custom that check you. may or may not get away with it.

But bulletproof vest confirm cannot go thru.

lotsa people are wearing the FBI CIA t-shirts even those enjoy marijuana shirts and i dont see them get pulled over or anything...so screw the authorities and just do it! :thumbsup:

reachme2003 said:
Austin, as it is fake, i should think that it will not present a problem for you.

feryl, there are prohibited items eg. handcuffs, handheld 'zapper',etc.

I was only refering to the jacket. :sweat:

eh... what happens if there's a crime happening in progess and ppl REALLY need a police officer, and you are seen around with that jacket? =)

Astin said:

I saw it at CKC also, not cheap though, looks damn real! great if u get it and let some hot model wears it, customs shldn't be a prob, u'r not getting knives etc, there's those mini jap-darts i saw..damn nice, but those surely can't bring back.

happy shopping!

Aiyah... just buy it lah.... It's just a prop... tell them.... there's no law that says u can't buy fake police stuff, u just can't impersonate them that's all...
;)

I don't think this jacket is any issue at all, especially when worn in a private place.

I cannot remember the fine print in the law but I sort of remember that most of the uniform-related cases prosecuted involve the wearer trying to impersonate someone in authority.

(I used to be a policeman.)

Status
Not open for further replies.