Poles

Status
Not open for further replies.

WereUThere

Oct 4, 2006
www.flickr.com
Hi guys!(and gals)I've got another picture to share and get honest feedback from all u pro's out there.Took this just after the sun has set @ Changi Boardwalk..love the colours but does the composition work for u guys?
517884799_ff657ed91b.jpg

4sec
f/3.5
f=41mm
tripod
TIA!

I would not consider myself a pro.

For me you got my attention because the feel of the photo is surreal and makes me relax. The water is calming and then the light makes my eye travel all around and I wanna walk over to the end of the walkway for sure.

I might have tried to lower the horizon and give some more sky just to see if that worked - but I was not there and your interpretation of the shot is still good.

Play with the horizon line though and try a few variations.

Hi guys!(and gals)I've got another picture to share and get honest feedback from all u pro's out there.Took this just after the sun has set @ Changi Boardwalk..love the colours but does the composition work for u guys?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/253/517884799_ff657ed91b.jpg
4sec
f/3.5
f=41mm
tripod
TIA!
Colours are nice and calm, tranquil even.

Photo is way too cluttered, try to simplify a little bit, there is too much chaos and it is messy, there are definitely ways to introduce some form of order by means of framing from another angle or vantage point. Poles are way too in my face for me to be able to appreciate the scene properly. The fact that they slice across the entire screen makes it worse, they seem to chop the photograph up.

On the bright side, exposure is spot on! =)

Had i were you, TS, i would turn this pic into a black and white. Your picture do carry out a very nice lighted sky, however like what nightmare stated, there were many elements in your picture, making it very cluttered. Churning it out to black and white might slove this problem as when i first saw this pic, i was wondering, this pic would reali look great had it been in BnW.

Thanks guys for your feedback!
night86mare,now that u said it,I guess the poles were really too distracting since they weren't of similar height and therefore doesn't diminish into the picture.When i was composing this shot,I wanted to lead the eyes into the picture by placing the vanishing point a third into the right,as a result,the poles got too prominent.
nigel84,will try and see if it works in b/w..thx guys!

forget about bnw...
u got such a beautiful scene with nice blending colors and u wanna turn this into bnw?

if this was a part of a series of pics, makes sense.
otherwise the poles are kinda distracting...

The reason why i wanna see it in B&W is because thru there we could very much see the simplicity yet complexity of the pic. THe sky and the waters just would be able to blend into one nice colour and the poles another... I dunno, but i just think that, it would reali look great in B&W...

Status
Not open for further replies.