Polaroid had come along way from the olden time where instance print was a hit in the 70s. As the growth and advance technology of camera, the use of film become lesser and lesser till it vendor stop production. Same goes for Polaroid. But luckily, all is not lost. Last year january 2012, Polariod release their latest Instance print function camera again to the world. Not 1 unit but 2 was present to the camera community.
For this review its going to be divided to review the handling and print function of both the Polaroid Z340 and Polaroid Z2300.
Polaroid Z2300 is an entry level for all Polariod user. Its targeting to those trendy and yet funcky people.
- Single hand operation
- easy to navigate manual
- stand alone print button
- switch to swap between photo, video and playback mode.
- 3 inches, the screen
- able to do border printing and with different form of border art
- lots of fun option such as "fish eye"
- You can peel off the back of the prints to use it as stickers
- the build is slightly thicker than instax 50s
- might feel abit plastic
- film loading bay might accidently be open
Polaroid Z340 is a camera for serious photography. Not to mention the build which pretty much follows the old design (don't fix or change when its not broken). Thus give it a more retro look. But hidden inside this camera is something more fun and serious the normal instance camera out there can offer.
- tilting flip up screen
- ISO selection
- custom setting
- print come out from the front, just like the old days.
- different type of focus mode. Auto, Macro, Pan-Focus, Infinite
- sharpness / contrast / saturation
- manual white balance.
- the build is slightly big
- not suitable for 1 hand operation.
- battery life is rated at up to 25 prints per charge - Need to get a spare battery for intensive printing
Both camera got its pros an cons. Z2300 is small and easy to handle, Z340 got lots of option to select and the control of the camera is better than Z2300.
1) able to take picture and print later - both camera
2) easy to pick up (pns) - Z2300
3) want a camera like current prosume compact camera - Z340
4) Sticker Zink paper - Z2300
5) borderless print/ border print - Z2300 n Z340
6) expended memory - Z2300 n Z340
In general, this is a normal PnS camera with a instant print (eg: canon pns + Selphy). For those people who like instax function, do consider this. The camera are expensive than Fuji Mini series but if you compare the refill, then its another story.
Fuji instax - 10 pieces per catriage
Polariod - 30 pieces per box and its 10 pieces per pack.
Personal note: The only main reason why 1 should get this will be the cost of the papers.