Polaroid films.

michlow

Dec 28, 2010
Hi all,

I know this is getting kinda old, with all the threads on Polaroid that I've just seen in the past hour.
But i want to get opinions from you guys, thus posting a new thread.

To all Polaroid users:

1. I understand that the only easy to find film nowadays is from the impossible project, but does the film fade easily for you guys?
(bought UV+ to try, and my pictures faded like mad till almost white, despite me trying to protect it by the guidelines on the website)

2. Other than ebay, do you guys know of any other place that sells Polaroid 600 films?
(ebay selling them at a highhhhhh price and those that are lower priced don't allow international bidder *sad face*)

Been browsing through threads on CS to see if there's people selling Polaroid 600, but so far all that i found were either sold or the treads are dated back to 2008 or 2009.

Okay, that's all for now!
Your replies would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

hi. check your pm.

would like to know more oso...

As of what I know (I may be wrong),

1. my Impossible Project films are either uneven in emulsion spreading or fade almost to nothing when left in a room.

2. Polaroid 600 films are very very very difficult to get nowadays as their production was ceased years back when Polaroid went digital. So the price you see on ebay is reflective of their rareness.

3. the last batch of 600 films expires in 2009. You probably won't be able to find 600 films that expires after that.

Hi, if you're into integral films I'm afraid the impossible project stuff may not be your thing.

I love the effect and feel of their film stock but they wouldn't last long in our climate. Best way is to snap and scan when you get home. Keeping the film in a ziplok with selica gel.

The new stock seems to have much better colour rendering but the pictures fade or turn blue afew days later.

Old expired 600 films are either super over priced or heavily expired till a point where they do not work even if you find it.

The closest to the orginal polaroid would be the fuji instax stuff and their FP film.

Not to be cold blanket here but been with impossible project since their first launch. The price and the short comings are not too welcoming for the wallet

Hi, if you're into integral films I'm afraid the impossible project stuff may not be your thing.

I love the effect and feel of their film stock but they wouldn't last long in our climate. Best way is to snap and scan when you get home. Keeping the film in a ziplok with selica gel.

The new stock seems to have much better colour rendering but the pictures fade or turn blue afew days later.

Old expired 600 films are either super over priced or heavily expired till a point where they do not work even if you find it.

The closest to the orginal polaroid would be the fuji instax stuff and their FP film.

Not to be cold blanket here but been with impossible project since their first launch. The price and the short comings are not too welcoming for the wallet
I agree. Impossible Project has been too expensive and the results are not justifiable. It's just "impossible" for me to sustain. That's why I sold my SX-70.

Oh well I'm waiting for the day they arrive at the same standard as the old films, till then my sx70 and 680 will retire

Mostly using the peel aparts, it's colours are amazing

I highly reccomend the new Colour Protection film from Impossible !

Colours are very good, not accurate as Fujis, but i prefer it as it give a more saturated colors ala instagram style.
Colours are alittle orange/yellow when shot indoors as it is balanced for daylight, but i find it perfectly useable. Using the flash on the SLR 680 helps alot with this though.

They have really come a long way and encourage eveyone to try at least one pack of colour protection, you won't be dissapointed !

Have very goods result from all my shots so far. None have faded (yet!) and no problems shooting in the bright sun and worrying about shielding at all ! Yep, no sheilding required ! Left it to develop in the sun and it turned out fine :D

Hi. I have written a lot about my experiences with the various Impossible film types.

The color protection films are good and convenient in the sense that you don't have to shield them from sunlight (ala, getting close to real Polaroids) BUT there is something about our temperature and humidity that makes our photos look yellowish / orange.
You can see some examples here: Seven Months In « Photography by Zoo-Octan

If you don't mind shielding your film in the sun and would like to save some money. The "older" cool films are now cheaper and actually produce a different tone which is more "blue-ish):
Tokyo « Photography by Zoo-Octan
Cool Prue « Photography by Zoo-Octan

I also am in the progress of rating my own experience with Impossible film. This is still WIP.
Integral Film « Photography by Zoo-Octan

Finally, if you're keen I may have some extra packs of Cool film and some others. Just PM me.

Actually i have only experienced the yellowish/orage tint indoors, and though i have not personally shot PX70 CP, i do believe that the PX70 version has a more orange cast than the PX680 version (which i am using).

Outdoor shots or with natural sunlight come out really wonderful. Some even have a very slight green/blue tint !

Left image is full natural sunlight ciming in from window, and right was from indoors with the sun setting.

2ln7rzp.jpg

These are not as sharp as on the film itself, as they are just quick scans. Will have to make sure they are completely flat when its time to scan them properly !

Last edited: