Polaroid Event Competition : Themes Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclenikon

Mar 31, 2005
Hi all,

As you all may have known, eamesboy & chngpe01 including the remaining small committee will be organising a Polaroid Event/Gathering.

A Polaroid Photography Competition will be part of the event. There will be TWO themes as part of the competition, thus we hope that the community (you) could contribute some Themes for the competition.

Here are a few themes, feel free to add more.

1. The Singapore Flyers.
2. Vintage Singapore.
3. God(s) (places of worship).
4. LIFE.
5. Motion
6. Energy
7. Diversity

Thank you.

P.S This thread is solely for the collection of ideas for the Theme for the competition. Please post your ideas (location, prizes, etc.) for the event at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=363338.

nature?haha

La la la...

....:)

Hi guys, the alt photography forum is for sharing of images and knowledge. Not for you to organise competition and fish ideas. I've shifted your thread to the exhibition forum. Mod, if you feel this doesn't belong to your forum, please shift it.

Hi guys, the alt photography forum is for sharing of images and knowledge. Not for you to organise competition and fish ideas. I've shifted your thread to the exhibition forum. Mod, if you feel this doesn't belong to your forum, please shift it.

I see no wrong why (eclenikon) cant post this thread in Alternative Photography? :dunno:
Max 2.8, so which group in this forum should we go if we need some
help or ask more info about Polaroid in ClubSnap? :think:
All we needed now is to get people to give in their ideas on the theme on this polaroid event.
You yourself say Alternative photography forum is all about sharing of knowledge! :think:
I see no wrong why we can't post this thread.
This is an event for everyone and we would like everyone to share their
feeling and idea on which 2 theme for this Polaroid competition. We have a few theme in mind.
But, we love to know more on how you guys think about it. We like to have more idea on the
theme to make this event interesting for everyone!:thumbsup:

I guess helpful people are getting harder to find? :dunno:

eamesboy said:
I see no wrong why (eclenikon) cant post this thread in Alternative Photography?
Max 2.8, so which group in this forum should we go if we need some
help or ask more info about Polaroid in ClubSnap?
All we needed now is to get people to give in their ideas on the theme on this polaroid event.
You yourself say Alternative photography forum is all about sharing of knowledge!
I see no wrong why we can't post this thread.
This is an event for everyone and we would like everyone to share their
feeling and idea on which 2 theme for this Polaroid competition. We have a few theme in mind.
But, we love to know more on how you guys think about it. We like to have more idea on the
theme to make this event interesting for everyone!

I guess helpful people are getting harder to find?

I'm sorry, but I somewhat agree to Max 2.8's action on the shift.

If you're to organise an outing/gathering be it Nikon, Polariod, whatever brands, it sould be more appropriate in the gathering section. Or in the case of a competition event, the event section would seems better.

However in this case, if you're requesting for feedbacks of themes and ideas, it should be a more general discussion and not restrictive to only Alternative Photography discussion. IMHO :)

Why not get back to the actual discussion itself then to bother yourself down to 'Why the thread was shifted'... :bsmilie:

Let me start the ball rolling back again...

Previous Suggestions:
1. The Singapore Flyers.
2. Vintage Singapore.
4. LIFE.
5. Motion
6. Energy
7. Diversity

I would like to suggest: Lost Trades - Since fewer ppl shoot polariod nowadays, and just like some trades, they will get lost in time... why not we capture them now on photo. Somehow it gives a 'Reminice' feeling when I see these old trades on polariod. :)

I'm sorry, but I somewhat agree to Max 2.8's action on the shift.

If you're to organise an outing/gathering be it Nikon, Polariod, whatever brands, it sould be more appropriate in the gathering section. Or in the case of a competition event, the event section would seems better.

However in this case, if you're requesting for feedbacks of themes and ideas, it should be a more general discussion and not restrictive to only Alternative Photography discussion. IMHO :)

Why not get back to the actual discussion itself then to bother yourself down to 'Why the thread was shifted'... :bsmilie:

Let me start the ball rolling back again...

Previous Suggestions:
1. The Singapore Flyers.
2. Vintage Singapore.
4. LIFE.
5. Motion
6. Energy
7. Diversity

I would like to suggest: Lost Trades - Since fewer ppl shoot polariod nowadays, and just like some trades, they will get lost in time... why not we capture them now on photo. Somehow it gives a 'Reminice' feeling when I see these old trades on polariod.

Thanks a lot. :)

I agreed in some part. :thumbsup:

Let just get the ball rolling and put this event together.
Great idea! Lost Trades. :thumbsup:
This is a good theme to start with.

I have something in mind as well Memorize.
Everyone should have good Memorize on somethings?
Memorize can be somethings you love back in your childhood's days.
Be it your favourite's food, toys, place and people as well.

I wandered around the forum for a moment looking for this thread. I thought they deleted it or sth due to redundancy issues. Haha.

It's all good.

1. The Singapore Flyers.
2. Vintage Singapore.
4. LIFE.
5. Motion
6. Energy
7. Diversity
8. Nature
9. Lost Trades
10. Memories

I really like Lost Trades & Memories. I think the theme chosen should have something in relation to Polaroid. Keep the good ideas coming guys.

I think just get on with either s/no 9 or 10 and move on.

There are other things, to settle.

Cheers

Can! :thumbsup:

Please give me a few day to get all the bits and piece together! :)

Will give you a buzz very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.