Polarizing filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamergod

Feb 9, 2009
Fratton Park, Portsmouth
I'm getting a polarizing filter at ms tmr but I have a budget of 60 can any pros recommend a polarizing filter best value for my budget and since I'm using a kit lens,shld I get a 52mm or 77mm and buy the thing I forgot it's called to fit my lens and make it functionable for my other lenses when I buy a new lens

Wow didn't know polarize filter is so expensive. I got my targus twin pack of polarize and UV for free when I bought my A300K from IT show yesterday.

just asking, what lens do you happen to have? thread diameter.

if you've got 77mm then the polarizer may cost a pretty penny, i think the hoya is around 80sgd or is it 100sgd.

52mm is alot cheaper, i think max is 30sgd.

i'm thinking you meant to say step up ring.

Ya i have a 18-55 kit lens but i will be buying new lenses in near future so which will be more econimical 1 fllter for every lens or step up rring

Ya i have a 18-55 kit lens but i will be buying new lenses in near future so which will be more econimical 1 fllter for every lens or step up rring

Economical would be the BIGGEST you have or are going to use and then step up rings for the rest of them.

But how long more before you're gonna get them? If it's a while later, then consider getting a smaller CPL first.

Get a 77mm and the required step down rings. I got a 52mm and a 77mm and thats all I need.

Ryan

Wow didn't know polarize filter is so expensive. I got my targus twin pack of polarize and UV for free when I bought my A300K from IT show yesterday.

Maybe cos it's a brand that's unheard of? :dunno:

Maybe cos it's a brand that's unheard of? :dunno:
Targus makes all the travel and laptop accessories one. U know they have laptop bag as well. i also surprise they sell filters.

Targus makes all the travel and laptop accessories one. U know they have laptop bag as well. i also surprise they sell filters.

Somehow I don't think they are the same makers.

I was told by MS Color that Tokina & Hoya belong to the same company. But Tokina is the Tiger Airways and Hoya is the SIA:bsmilie:

I got a Tokina one for 58mm at S$30-ish

Yea its the same cos the logo on the packaging is the same targus that makes laptop accessories.

Yea its the same cos the logo on the packaging is the same targus that makes laptop accessories.

Really interesting then.... :think:

It seems they do

DHTG58C.jpg

41EiD40SZDL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Ryan

Yup, my free filters is this set but 55mm.

Could you pls do a test?

Place the filter just above a white piece of paper. Does it have any colour cast on the paper?

U wanted to test which one? Tokina or Targus?

I am aware that they make bags, but filters is really new to me. :think:

Where can buy this Targus CPL filter ah?

I was told by MS Color that Tokina & Hoya belong to the same company. But Tokina is the Tiger Airways and Hoya is the SIA:bsmilie:

I got a Tokina one for 58mm at S$30-ish

Tiger Airways is not part of SIA so they're different companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.