Polarizing filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgfriend

Dec 20, 2005
Pasir Ris
Like to know when using polarizing filter, do we need to take out the UV filter. Is this brand 'Kenko' pro1 okay? I want to use it with my 18-70mm kit lens.

its better to take out.. stacking filters might cause viginetting.. u can try stack and take a pic. and see the corners got any dark shadows.
:thumbsup:

Thanks. I heard that it is not wise to use polarizing filter for 10-20 lens. The sky would look different? But for macro, it would enhance the colour?

nvr heard b4.. mayb pros out there can help u on dis.
all my shots here r taken wif cir-pl ->gallery

VR2 said:
nvr heard b4.. mayb pros out there can help u on dis.
all my shots here r taken wif cir-pl ->gallery
Don't waste your time on 3rd party filters, get Nikon. :thumbsup:

What's the difference between Nikon CirPOL and the B+W or Hoya ones?

And can filters rightfully be called "third party"?

Finally, anyone knows where to buy Nikon CIRPOL? I was at Cathay n Ruby intending to buy but they are out of stock.

espn said:
Don't waste your time on 3rd party filters, get Nikon. :thumbsup:

Nikon Cpol and B+W filters do not give a color cast on the pics. I used to have a hoya and it was giving me a dirty yellow cast on my pics. and it is confirmed not my WB.

So Nikon and B+W is as good as each other?

TMC said:
Nikon Cpol and B+W filters do not give a color cast on the pics. I used to have a hoya and it was giving me a dirty yellow cast on my pics. and it is confirmed not my WB.

I'm using a B+W CPL, and it's not giving me any noticeable colour cast. No complaints so far ... But then, I don't have a Nikon CPL to compare with ...

TMC, next time we can exchange and try :bsmilie:

i spy with my little eye...... that mr espn is aiming his nikon gun at you and trying to nikonize you.:bsmilie:

I tried to, since B+W and Nikon abt the same price ... But CP say bo stock leh, when vince was there also bo stock leh :(

UV/Haze, etc... hard to differentiate between Nikon and B+W. But for polarizer, Nikon really good. And price is not much of a premium compared to B+W.

yyD70S said:
UV/Haze, etc... hard to differentiate between Nikon and B+W. But for polarizer, Nikon really good. And price is not much of a premium compared to B+W.
Where did u buy yours? Is it a 77mm? And how much is it? Sorry to ask so many questions in one shot ;p

I have a like near new Nikon 72mm Cir PL for sale at S$135. Interested please email or pm me :)
(payment through paypal, post directly from Japan to Singapore :p)

Nikon CPII 77mm should be around S$190-00 @ John. Should be the same everywhere. Trust this forum. It's worth it!

And... no worries about asking questions.... that's what this place is for.

Best regards

yyD70S said:
Nikon CPII 77mm should be around S$190-00 @ John. Should be the same everywhere. Trust this forum. It's worth it!

And... no worries about asking questions.... that's what this place is for.

Best regards
Thanks, dude! :)

sgfriend said:
Thanks. I heard that it is not wise to use polarizing filter for 10-20 lens. The sky would look different? But for macro, it would enhance the colour?
since when polarizers were meant to enhance color??:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.