Polarizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

azone

Jan 20, 2002
azone.clubsnap.org
Hi,

Anyone knows the price of a 52mm HOYA polarizer? Thinking of getting one. Thanks! ;)

Originally posted by azone
Hi,

Anyone knows the price of a 52mm HOYA polarizer? Thinking of getting one. Thanks! ;)

its around $30

What is the use of a polarizer?

Originally posted by Falcon
What is the use of a polarizer?

They allow you to remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water, glass etc. They also enable colors to become more saturated and appear clearer, with better contrast. This effect is often used to increase the contrast and saturation in blue skies and white clouds.

Hi Keito, does this Hoya Polariser has a mark on the ring to point to the sun?

Originally posted by Kevin
Hi Keito, does this Hoya Polariser has a mark on the ring to point to the sun?

yup it has

Don't get the cheap Hoya ones. Try the more expensive SHMC one, and oh, don't buy it first. Use slides and take a shot with it. Some CPLs have a colour cast to them, and they can change the final output of your photo.

Originally posted by AdamGoi

What grade?

Standard, Ultra-slim, HMC or Super-HMC?

Hmm.. maybe you can let me know the difference between them and the approximate prices? I was looking at those normal HOYA ones initially. Thanks.

Originally posted by YSLee
Don't get the cheap Hoya ones. Try the more expensive SHMC one, and oh, don't buy it first. Use slides and take a shot with it. Some CPLs have a colour cast to them, and they can change the final output of your photo.
For DC also same procedure? What to shoot at?

Originally posted by azone

Hmm.. maybe you can let me know the difference between them and the approximate prices? I was looking at those normal HOYA ones initially. Thanks.

For the difference between the various grade, see http://www.thkphoto.com/catalog/h/coatings.html

As for the price, you can either call them up, i.e. CP, John 3:16 or do a e-quote ;)

Originally posted by Keito

They allow you to remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water, glass etc. They also enable colors to become more saturated and appear clearer, with better contrast. This effect is often used to increase the contrast and saturation in blue skies and white clouds.

I see. Seems like I should get one. I am having problem taking photos of the fishes in botanical gardens due to the reflection.

Is the Moose warming polariser (earlier link leads to it) available in Singapore? Have heard about it but it seems that it isn't a multicoated type.

Also, regarding the Hoya SHMC polariser - isn't it about the same price as a B+W MRC polariser?

Keito, you mean you can get a HMC circular polarizer at S$32??!!???? I bought 2 CPL for S$50 each!!!

Where did you buy it?? I am rushing down tomorrow!!!!

Originally posted by Mouse
Keito, you mean you can get a HMC circular polarizer at S$32??!!???? I bought 2 CPL for S$50 each!!!

Where did you buy it?? I am rushing down tomorrow!!!!

err klause is the one who got it at $32, not me ....

Klause....WHERE????? :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.