polarizer / neutral density etc etc info

shankz89

Apr 12, 2009
hi guys,

i wanna get those square shaped filter glasses - polarizer/ neutral density etc ( 4 x 4 ) where can u slot into the adapter rings and can be used for all types of lenses.
i was wondering if they sell it here in sg, any idea?

any idea about the price too?

thx

Last edited:
hi guys,

i wanna get those square shaped filter glasses - polarizer/ neutral density etc ( 4 x 4 ) where can u slot into the adapter rings and can be used for all types of lenses.
i was wondering if they sell it here in sg, any idea?

any idea about the price too?

thx

check mass sales for tianya

if you're willing to spend more, cokin/lee are also options. do a search.

CP & TK carries them..

the 5 main brands of most popular square filters arranged according to prices are as follows
1) tianya
2) cokin
3) hitech
4) Lee
5) Singh ray
not too sure about prices of tianya and cokin, but hitech filters cost about 60 and above , lee about 80 and above, singh ray I have never used but know of someone whose collection cost more than 1.5k.
The more common size is the cokin-p series, you will see alot of filters claiming they are compatible to cokin-p series (they set the standard cause they are the most popular :)). You mentioned 4x4 (100mm x 100mm), which should be the bigger cokin z-pro which can only be gotten online (not sold in sg) or the the 4x4 lee and singh filters. Dont think tianya have a 100mm size filters.
TK seems to be the only one that sells hitech filter, cathay and TK sells Lee, cokin and tiany sold in a few shops.

thanks guys! will research! :)

shankz89 said:
thanks guys! will research! :)

For 4 inch (100mm) wide filters your options are just:

Lee
Hitech 100mm
And Cokin Z-pro filters.

ND are square 100mm x 100mm
GND are rectangular 100mm x 150mm
CPL are round, so for hitech and lee holders you need to buy the additional cpl bracket.

Lee can be found in TK or CP.
Hitech can be found in TK
Cokin z-pro can be found in CP and OP.

For pricing you can call those stores.