Polarizer lens for FZ5

Status
Not open for further replies.

clicknick

Apr 13, 2005
Hougang
Hi, I am thinking of buying FZ5, but will also like to get a polarizer filter lens for it also. What polarizer filter can I buy that will fit onto the FZ5, and what else do I need to buy (eg. adapters). Please also provide me with a rought estimate of the cost for each component if you can, incuding the filter, as I have completely no idea how much these things cost. Thanks very much.

BTW, I am new to photography, so please pardon me if the terms I use (eg. polarizer filter lens) is not correct. Thanks.

clicknick

tokina is good bought for 20 at tk photo

suggest you get a Hoya 55mm CP filter, $38 at MS Color.

I'm also thinking about buying the FZ5... maybe we can buy together.. bargain for discount .. hee

I'm just wondering how to reduce the 35/36mm to 28mm (get a wide angle conversion lens?)

What would be compatible with the FZ5?

by the way, what is the price of FZ5 now?

sinlg said:
I'm just wondering how to reduce the 35/36mm to 28mm (get a wide angle conversion lens?)

Olympus WCON-08 with 55mm thread fits perfectly.

sinlg said:
I'm also thinking about buying the FZ5... maybe we can buy together.. bargain for discount .. hee

by the way, what is the price of FZ5 now?

I've got an equote form MS Color for S$635 (wo GST), free case, claening kit, lcd protector.

tao said:
Olympus WCON-08 with 55mm thread fits perfectly.

anyone know what's the max aperture you can use with this?

is it worth it to get the DMW-LWZ10 (for the FZ20) and conversion ring for the FZ5 since it allows F/2.8 across the zoom range?

clicknick said:
I've got an equote form MS Color for S$635 (wo GST), free case, claening kit, lcd protector.

Went to AP SLS wanting to buy FZ5, was quoted $665 w/GST. C/W the same stuff. But sadly out of stock. Will return later or tomorrow. How's the price pf $125 for a 1GB SD card? Probably normal Lexar brand.

magislayer said:
Went to AP SLS wanting to buy FZ5, was quoted $665 w/GST. C/W the same stuff. But sadly out of stock. Will return later or tomorrow. How's the price pf $125 for a 1GB SD card? Probably normal Lexar brand.

Hi, I am confused by the different types of SD card speeds. They have from 2MB/s type to 45X, 50X, 60X, 66X and even 133X. How many Xs do you think is minimal for a satisfactory performance on FZ5?

I read in a website that states that every X is equivalent to 150KB/s transfer rate, so 50X is equal 7.5MB/s. But when I go to A-Data (Taiwan SD card manufacturer) website, the specs they put for their 50X SD card is 5+MB/s read and 2+MB/s write speed, which total up is 7.5MB/s. So does this mean that when card says 133X 20MB/s speed, the real write speed is actually just a fraction of 20MB/s??

always being blur with the speed of loading...tried it once before using a faster SD card but forgot the speed of it against my original pana supplied card, cannot see any different. i feel that the loading for pana cameras are quite fast.
was told faster card are good only if you use video mode...never tried it out.

so anyone know or not?

oop seems like here is totally off topic now :bsmilie:

magislayer said:

eh that one is the slow single or double or triple speed card..
buy one and try.. see your camera jam up when taking large pictures tif mode.
spend a bit more money for a high speed one..
according to keith fz5 can also handle the 20mb/s cards.. the others cannot..

as for the speeds.. if i'm not wrong, that website u went to bluff u...
coz i think some companies boast of sustained write speeds of 9mb/s, and called it only 60X, while others call it 66x. i think this is kinda let them boast etc..

i guess 133x will be equal to the panasonic pro series, = 20mb/s write speed..

i wanna get one of those.. where did u see them?

unseen said:
eh that one is the slow single or double or triple speed card..
buy one and try.. see your camera jam up when taking large pictures tif mode.
spend a bit more money for a high speed one..
according to keith fz5 can also handle the 20mb/s cards.. the others cannot..

as for the speeds.. if i'm not wrong, that website u went to bluff u...
coz i think some companies boast of sustained write speeds of 9mb/s, and called it only 60X, while others call it 66x. i think this is kinda let them boast etc..

i guess 133x will be equal to the panasonic pro series, = 20mb/s write speed..

i wanna get one of those.. where did u see them?

Yah, I think that site is bluffing, cause Sandisk website says write is 9MB/s. Some brand SD cards that states 50X or 60X really cannot believe, better to buy reputable brands.

Anyway, if you want 133X, can get Sandisk Extreme III from Eastgear
http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=19_23

but price for 1GB is $239!!

clicknick said:
Yah, I think that site is bluffing, cause Sandisk website says write is 9MB/s. Some brand SD cards that states 50X or 60X really cannot believe, better to buy reputable brands.

Anyway, if you want 133X, can get Sandisk Extreme III from Eastgear
http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=19_23

but price for 1GB is $239!!

Huh so expensive

bleah... ok let me eat my words.. i don't want it anymore..
i still wanna get a slik sprint pro.
i still wanna get my R72 filter.
i still wanna get my guide 50+ flash.
i still need to magic enough money to do all the above.

Sandisk I've heard is lousy.. apparently alot of people frm other forums had their sandisk cards die on them... imagine 1gb of photo dying on you...
my old sandisk card did give me problems too.. sometimes camera couldn't write properly to it.. den my FZ3 will hang/reboot coz of write error etc...

me'll avoid sandisk...

Hi, any FZ5 owners have any pictures taken with a polarizer filter attached that can show me? Just want to see how FZ5 pics look like with CP on. Thanks.

clicknick said:
Anyway, if you want 133X, can get Sandisk Extreme III from Eastgear http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=19_23 but price for 1GB is $239!!

I think it's not worth it. I can add $100 more to buy a 30gb capacity Nachus Portable Digital Partner 2 storage device, that takes 8 different type of cards.

I think a high speed 512mb card is enough, save the rest of the money to buy the storage device.

clicknick said:
Hi, any FZ5 owners have any pictures taken with a polarizer filter attached that can show me? Just want to see how FZ5 pics look like with CP on. Thanks.

I'm not using a Circular Polarizer.. the FZ5 works fine without a CP. normal one will do.. save the money and put it towards a good tripod, or the R72.. :bsmilie:

PM me your email.. i mail u a pic.. me running out of webspace..

*edit*
i just realised i've got a problem.. since my only cam now is the FZ5 (other than my hp), i've gota problem taking pictures of my FZ5.. eh... gimme a few days i try get another cam to take.

unseen said:
I'm not using a Circular Polarizer.. the FZ5 works fine without a CP. normal one will do.. save the money and put it towards a good tripod, or the R72.. :bsmilie:

PM me your email.. i mail u a pic.. me running out of webspace..

*edit*
i just realised i've got a problem.. since my only cam now is the FZ5 (other than my hp), i've gota problem taking pictures of my FZ5.. eh... gimme a few days i try get another cam to take.

Thanks Unseeen, just sent u a PM.

Anyway, I may need to rephrase my request abit, is quite misleading. What I would like is to see a landscape photo taken with a FZ5 using a CP.

My earlier request makes it sound like I want to see a photo of the FZ5 camera with CP attached, ha ha, sorry.

million dollar qn - can the FZ5 use a linear polariser? :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.