Polarising lense for FZ3

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova_nebula

Mar 27, 2004
Know of any adjustable polarising lense that can fit FZ3? I want to shoot object below water surface as well as shooting thru' windows so want to be able to tune out the reflection. Please advise cost. Thanks. ;p

nova_nebula said:
Know of any adjustable polarising lense that can fit FZ3? I want to shoot object below water surface as well as shooting thru' windows so want to be able to tune out the reflection. Please advise cost. Thanks. ;p

What you are refering to possibly is Circular Polarizer filter...you need to check your FZ30 thread size, and go to MS, AP or CP to check how much they are selling...

All filter prices varies from type, sizes, brands as well as the shop that you are buyig from, you will need to do your home work, check around first before you buy...

Good CP will cost a lot more, such as Nikon or B+W, could cost more than S$100 for a 62mm thread size, the other brand such as Hoya could be slightly cheaper, and there are other brands that are even cheaper, however, quality of the polirizer will also varies.

:thumbsup: JimDavis, thanks for the heads up. Ok so I guess it'll few tens of dollars since my FZ3 has smaller diameter compared to FZ30. okie dokie.

FZ30 share the same filter size as fz3 both are 55mm

Get the linearP better than CP.
Used CP on my FZ3 and :(
Linear is better :thumbsup:

dominator said:
so what is Linear P? I think I know what CP is. I used one many many years ago. I rotate the filter until the reflection is deminish and have a clear view of below water surface (almost clear view). so how does one us ethe LinearP ? :think:

Wouldn't the LP confuse the AF of the digicam?

dominator said:

LP won't work with digicams with AF.

some guy bought one for his camera and he is unable to focus on stuff.

for better understanding on CP or LP :think:
go to the shop and try out before making assumptions on which is good :thumbsup:

you will see the difference which one is better as a polariser :)

schon said:
LP won't work with digicams with AF.

some guy bought one for his camera and he is unable to focus on stuff.
I do not know the diff bet LP and CP.
But, I read somewhere that LP will have focusing problem with dSLR, because of the mirror used. Panasonic cameras might be ok. Not very sure. :dunno:

thanks dominator. :)

didn't read your post carefully. seems that a linear polariser does not affect our cameras' ability to focus?

Best advise you've given. I was silly to read about the CP/LP with AF digicams, and got myself a CP. Didn't try out the LP at all!

dominator said:
for better understanding on CP or LP :think:
go to the shop and try out before making assumptions on which is good :thumbsup:

you will see the difference which one is better as a polariser :)

Status
Not open for further replies.