Polarising lense for FZ3


Status
Not open for further replies.

nova_nebula

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
271
0
0
Know of any adjustable polarising lense that can fit FZ3? I want to shoot object below water surface as well as shooting thru' windows so want to be able to tune out the reflection. Please advise cost. Thanks. ;p
 

JimDavis

Senior Member
Mar 15, 2004
2,731
0
36
55
Eunos
george.tan.singapore.fotopic.net
nova_nebula said:
Know of any adjustable polarising lense that can fit FZ3? I want to shoot object below water surface as well as shooting thru' windows so want to be able to tune out the reflection. Please advise cost. Thanks. ;p
What you are refering to possibly is Circular Polarizer filter...you need to check your FZ30 thread size, and go to MS, AP or CP to check how much they are selling...

All filter prices varies from type, sizes, brands as well as the shop that you are buyig from, you will need to do your home work, check around first before you buy...

Good CP will cost a lot more, such as Nikon or B+W, could cost more than S$100 for a 62mm thread size, the other brand such as Hoya could be slightly cheaper, and there are other brands that are even cheaper, however, quality of the polirizer will also varies.
 

nova_nebula

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
271
0
0
:thumbsup: JimDavis, thanks for the heads up. Ok so I guess it'll few tens of dollars since my FZ3 has smaller diameter compared to FZ30. okie dokie.
 

eow

Senior Member
Jun 22, 2004
10,110
7
38
FZ30 share the same filter size as fz3 both are 55mm
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
13
Amazon Forest
Get the linearP better than CP.
Used CP on my FZ3 and :(
Linear is better :thumbsup:
 

nova_nebula

New Member
Mar 27, 2004
271
0
0
dominator said:
Get the linearP better than CP.
Used CP on my FZ3 and :(
Linear is better :thumbsup:
so what is Linear P? I think I know what CP is. I used one many many years ago. I rotate the filter until the reflection is deminish and have a clear view of below water surface (almost clear view). so how does one us ethe LinearP ? :think:
 

huggable

Senior Member
Nov 2, 2004
3,703
0
36
East side
Wouldn't the LP confuse the AF of the digicam?

dominator said:
Get the linearP better than CP.
Used CP on my FZ3 and :(
Linear is better :thumbsup:
 

schon

Senior Member
Sep 10, 2005
2,046
0
36
the other side
LP won't work with digicams with AF.

some guy bought one for his camera and he is unable to focus on stuff.
 

dominator

Senior Member
Mar 7, 2005
1,662
0
0
13
Amazon Forest
for better understanding on CP or LP :think:
go to the shop and try out before making assumptions on which is good :thumbsup:

you will see the difference which one is better as a polariser :)
 

ZinY

New Member
Sep 16, 2004
120
0
0
schon said:
LP won't work with digicams with AF.

some guy bought one for his camera and he is unable to focus on stuff.
I do not know the diff bet LP and CP.
But, I read somewhere that LP will have focusing problem with dSLR, because of the mirror used. Panasonic cameras might be ok. Not very sure. :dunno:
 

schon

Senior Member
Sep 10, 2005
2,046
0
36
the other side
thanks dominator. :)

didn't read your post carefully. seems that a linear polariser does not affect our cameras' ability to focus?
 

huggable

Senior Member
Nov 2, 2004
3,703
0
36
East side
Best advise you've given. I was silly to read about the CP/LP with AF digicams, and got myself a CP. Didn't try out the LP at all!

dominator said:
for better understanding on CP or LP :think:
go to the shop and try out before making assumptions on which is good :thumbsup:

you will see the difference which one is better as a polariser :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.