polarisers

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAh.... thanks for the description.

One practical qn thou, do you remove your UV filter first before screwing on the CPL or do you just fix the CPL on top of your UV filter?? Does it make a difference?

Hmm.. I got a question too. i've got a Hoya CPL, it has a white marking on the rotating ring. Does it serve any purpose? Say.. like if i turn it to the top of the lens, it can acheive maximum polarization.

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks!

One practical qn thou, do you remove your UV filter first before screwing on the CPL or do you just fix the CPL on top of your UV filter?? Does it make a difference?

You remove the UV filter if you're using it on a wide angle, else vignetting may occur.

Hmm.. I got a question too. i've got a Hoya CPL, it has a white marking on the rotating ring. Does it serve any purpose? Say.. like if i turn it to the top of the lens, it can acheive maximum polarization.

Any reply is appreciated. Thanks!

Please read through the entire thread. The answer is in there somewhere.

So nice to be a member of the fairer sex.... ask a 'newbie' question and everybody jumps in to answer.

I'm sure if another newbie (probably male) asks the same question, he will be shot by replies like:

"Use the search", "Did you do a search?", "There are tons of information on the internet, why don't you do a search?", "Do you what the 'search button' is for?"... etc... etc...

No offence to thread starter or whomever, just a general observation and a very personal opinion. Before you shoot me back, ask yourself if it is the truth hor... peace!

Have a good weekend!

have any of you tried a polarisor with ultra wides like 12-24mm? Is is very bad at 12mm, ie uneven sky, etc?

If so, how wide a lens can you mount a CP?

have any of you tried a polarisor with ultra wides like 12-24mm? Is is very bad at 12mm, ie uneven sky, etc?

If so, how wide a lens can you mount a CP?

very bad = ?, i know it will definitely be uneven, but how uneven = bad? and how even = good? :dunno:

best is to try it yourself...

Any clue? :dunno:

OK thanks. Then use the B+W slim CPL! :thumbsup:

Hi, could you advise what do you use to clean your Nikon CPLII ?
recently i got a smudge there and even though wiping with microfibre cloth, it's still there abit ... was wondering if can use lens cleaning solution?

Hi, could you advise what do you use to clean your Nikon CPLII ?
recently i got a smudge there and even though wiping with microfibre cloth, it's still there abit ... was wondering if can use lens cleaning solution?

Yes...

clean it carefully with a clean cloth or you may cause scratches if the cloth is dirty with sand.

Yes...

clean it carefully with a clean cloth or you may cause scratches if the cloth is dirty with sand.

thanks Zac08, was worried coz CP-Marina folk who sold me a Hoya CPL last time mentioned i should refrain from using lens cleaning solution as the Hoya CPL is coated n such...

worried that Nikon's CPLII oso same case

Always remove UV filter! Even though it may be troublesome. Generally, the more glass, the more light rays bouncing around, the more degradation in image quality and possiblity of lens flare. I use a B+W UV filter, generally one of the best around, and just got a higher end Minolta CPL - I would still never, ever use both at the same time. Super ma huan, but must lah.

Hope that helps

So nice to be a member of the fairer sex.... ask a 'newbie' question and everybody jumps in to answer.

maybe can register another female nick to ask question, and maintaining old nick for other purpose ;)

maybe can register another female nick to ask question, and maintaining old nick for other purpose ;)
:nono: . The rules in clubsnap is like "one person, one nickname" :nono: .

Regards,
Arto.

Status
Not open for further replies.