Poison me...... tell me why I would love a LX3 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloth

Jul 5, 2007
I'm thinking of a good compact camera to carry on the days where carrying my 'big rigs' is impractical :) can't clip a SLR to your belt.....unless you happen to stand 12 feet tall..

What do you love about your LX3? Would love to hear from fellow SLR owners who have picked up a LX3 too.

How it stacks up against the Canon G11 would be useful info as well, as the G11 is its closest competitor.

For an in-depth review and comparison of the G11 to LX3 you can read http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canong11/ (it is compared to the LX3 throughout the review)

As for me, I got my LX3 yesterday and I also own an older DSLR, the E-300. The LX3 is better in terms of weight and compactness, but the usual cons are slow AF focus speeds compared to DSLR, limited optical zoom, more ISO noise (varies with diff DSLR of course).
But it is more comfortable to carry around and doesn't give the "intrusive" feel compared to bulky DSLRs.
The G11 is bigger compared to the LX3 and might not fit into pockets!

Overall, I'm happy with the image quality of the LX3 (although I must say I haven't had the chance to fully explore i), it's really good for a camera of its size! I think it is a great addition to have, and I can finally dual-wield too :D

Because it can be with you ALL the time! ;)

Its so small and light that you don't feel it was there all the time. :)

I'm thinking of a good compact camera to carry on the days where carrying my 'big rigs' is impractical :) can't clip a SLR to your belt.....unless you happen to stand 12 feet tall..

What do you love about your LX3? Would love to hear from fellow SLR owners who have picked up a LX3 too.

How it stacks up against the Canon G11 would be useful info as well, as the G11 is its closest competitor.

Becos it looks great with the wide conversion lens too! :lovegrin:

Picture1-12.jpg

Good good...

I was carrying my SLR 'just in case' today and damn it was heavy - another kilo and a half - when my primary mission was not photography related at all.

Hmm tempted :)

Good good...

I was carrying my SLR 'just in case' today and damn it was heavy - another kilo and a half - when my primary mission was not photography related at all.

Hmm tempted :)

Having a compact is gd for an 'everyday' camera.

How about "money ain't yours till you use it"? Poison enough? :devil:

Heheh! Yeah, the wide conv looks great. I love my wide angle, and I can live with a little less telephoto. I do however, need the awesome f/2.0 speed, which is the main deciding factor over the G11. With compacts, every stop matters because their sensors are significantly smaller than SLRs.

How much is the wide converter?

because xiaxue uses it.

and everyone's talking about her

by logical extension, they'd talk about her camera too. :)

Heheh! Yeah, the wide conv looks great. I love my wide angle, and I can live with a little less telephoto. I do however, need the awesome f/2.0 speed, which is the main deciding factor over the G11. With compacts, every stop matters because their sensors are significantly smaller than SLRs.

The LX3's sensor is also slightly larger than conventional compacts.

The wide conversion lens is $299.

because xiaxue uses it.

and everyone's talking about her

by logical extension, they'd talk about her camera too. :)

u are kidding me right ?

I sold my lx3. I don't like its performance under low light.
I read that the G11 low light performance is much better.
I used to own a G10 also, and feel that the access to its control is much better.

I am eyeing a G11 now. :)

Cheaper and more versatile alternative: http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130353578622&_trkparms=tab%3DWatching

Great image quality. :D happy user of it!

The best camera is the one you had in your hand and not the one in your dry cabi. :bsmilie:

yes!!!

that's why i love my iphone, after taking photo straight away can upload to facebook :bsmilie:

24mm-60mm f2-f2.8 equivalent
hotshoe
capable to sync with almost any strobe of up to 1/2000sec :heart:

Still the best compact around when you don't wanna lug the DSLR ... I still use it as my back up. Love it...

Poisoned liao...

There is one less LX3 on a camera shop shelf and one more in my bag ;)

Many thanks to all for the suggestions! I really like the LX3, and my standards are pretty high coming from DSLR land, but the LX3 really feels like a photographer's camera and not your ordinary point and shoot.

Loving the f/2.0 glass and how it lets me keep the ISO down :)

Status
Not open for further replies.