Point and Shoot camera recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

chunger

Mar 12, 2004
Tampines
Hi guys,

Long time din keep up with digital camera. I just need some quick info to narrow down my search for a P&S camera that cost around $500 or ++.

Any particular model can recommend? Helping my fren to do a quick review and search for a camera that suite her need. Just a simple to use P&S camera, no particular brand.

Digital Camera Buying Guide

Since there has been a great increase of Clubsnap members asking for assistance on choosing a Digital Camera, i've decided to come out with a short write up that will help the person him/herself determind which is the most suitable camera for them.

First of, before you post, asking for recommandation, it would help if you knew these details so that those who wish to come forward with their recommandation can do so with your requirements in mind.

In no order of particular importance;

01. Budget?
02. Megapixel count?
03. Optical zoom factor?
04. Size?
05. Type of batteries used?
06. Weight?
07. Able to mount lenses/filters?
08. Manual controls required?
09. Auto-Focus Speed?
10. What kind of pictures are you hoping to take?

These are just a few basic factors that usually governs the choices of new DC buyer but it's by no means complete. If you have a requirement that isn't stated above, feel free to include it in your own posting.

After deciding which are the more crucial factors, the next time is to narow down you field of choice. This where you post to ask for recommandations as well, opinion of various makes and models if you already have some in mind.

Do realise that here is no such thing as a perfect camera because each will have it's pros and cons and it's up to you, as the buyer to see what you can or canot live with. After reading the recommandations and narrowing down your choices, it will be helpful if you were to go down to a camera shop of your own preference or choice to try out these cameras and see if it's abilities lives up to your expectations.

Note: This is not a definitive guide, but at least, it will help you narrow down your options.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=37569

The Canon a510 is a very small and nice camera :thumbsup:
if my budget is less than 500 or even less than 400
i will definitely choose it :)

nikon coopix 4600 cost only $360+- with free gifts, definitely a good buy!

Small enough for a lady user and comes in baby pink and blue colour too! :thumbsup:

eow said:
The Canon a510 is a very small and nice camera :thumbsup:
if my budget is less than 500 or even less than 400
i will definitely choose it :)

A510/A520. :thumbsup:

chunger said:
Hi guys,

Long time din keep up with digital camera. I just need some quick info to narrow down my search for a P&S camera that cost around $500 or ++.

Any particular model can recommend? Helping my fren to do a quick review and search for a camera that suite her need. Just a simple to use P&S camera, no particular brand.

Make a list of cameras tat cost roughly this amount of $500 then compare one by one?

Status
Not open for further replies.