Pocket Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcapone

Oct 15, 2007
East
elcapone.multiply.com
Hi there

Was wondering if anyone can enlighten me about this device that triggers flash wirelessly called Pocket Wizard.

I'll be using it with my D50 and SB600 along with other older flashes. Would appreciate if anyone could explain how it works, compatibility with older flashes, where it is available....etc.

Wanna know as much as I can before buying it. Btw, Happy Chinese New Year to all of you!! :)

Hi there

Was wondering if anyone can enlighten me about this device that triggers flash wirelessly called Pocket Wizard.

I'll be using it with my D50 and SB600 along with other older flashes. Would appreciate if anyone could explain how it works, compatibility with older flashes, where it is available....etc.

Wanna know as much as I can before buying it. Btw, Happy Chinese New Year to all of you!! :)

locals are not allowed to purchase a set from cathay. only tourists are allowed to. alternatives might be pulsar and skyport.

are you sure that locals are not allow to buy 'export' products?

The last time I emailed them, they said you'd need to present a foreign passport to be able to purchase the PocketWizards. Get a foreign friend to help?

For better of the general public, is good that IDA did not approve this device.
There must be good reason for blocking the approval [or could be local agent did not submit for approval].
Some of the reasons could be:
a) Freq band is within Military UHF brand

b) Too powerful device which can go to 1600feet
this is security risk as device can be modified for non-photographic use like Terrxxxxxxst

my 2 cents opinion.

when u use any radio trigger device, u have to go manual. there is suppose to be a new device coming out that can enable ettl but dunno when tats gonna happen.

Hey thanks!! Think I'll be getting this instead... much cheaper then the Pocket Wizard I bet!!
Shud work with my older flashes... Btw, will TTL still work?

no TTL... everything will have to be manual including your distance between your subject and lights...

Perhaps 'has not gone through the approval process' is more accurate.

Cathay's not going to jump through the hoops to get the Pocket Wizards approved by IDA to sell... what... 100sets? How're they going to recoup the test fees?

'Not approved by IDA' would indicate that the PWs have gone through the testing process and have been rejected by IDA.

radio popper can do ETTL or ITTL, but need a master flash on camera.

haha. thanks for sharing. can share how much n from where? quoted from hk at hkd2,800 yesterday.

Er, check B&H loh....I did not check other places. :embrass:
Realize easier to get stuff from B&H. Had been buying from them for sometime.
Will be ordering other stuff soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.