Pocket pain again!

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
With taxi fare increase n peak hour at night extended.

Last evening, I was looking for a cab. From far, it's green but after a while, it's red! Red as in on call!!! When in green, they drives slowly to wait for call. :thumbsd: I gives up in the end, took a bus home.

As much as I know the fare increase would hurt my pockets.... Taxi Divers also need to feed their families.

diver-hloc said:
As much as I know the fare increase would hurt my pockets.... Taxi Divers also need to feed their families.

Provided that they need not pay more on their end too. If they need to pay more for fuel or rental, they don't earn from the fare hike.

But problem is that when fuel down, will the fares too or slowly they doing it? Only way is try not to take during peak hours next time. Not worth if 8 to 12 also under peak.

I'm particularly pissed with the announcement that 8pm to 12am is considered as peak hours (heck is there any statistics that show there is high volume of passengers during these hours?).

5pm to 12am - peak hours +25% surcharge
12am to 6am - midnight charges + 50% surcharge
6am to 9:30am - peak hours + 25% surcharge

The only sensible time to grab a cab is from 9:30am to 5pm. Sheesh! There are many ways to help taxi drivers (e.g. reduce the cab rental, exemption from ERP). Price hike is the quickest way, no doubt on that.

Now most of the people in cabinet are borned in "well to do" families (but there are exceptions).
Their mindset on helping cabbies is to increase fare. It's their "square minded" thought of "generating more revenue" for the taxi drivers.

They did not think that we (taxi commuters) are their source of income.
If we don't take taxis, their source of income will be heading south.

I personally know people who are taxi drivers. They also have their thoughts but are NEVER heard by the agencies n authorities.
People I know who are cabbies, are unhappy with the new fare structure. But no choice, who's the boss, who have the say.

Take bus, very packed, filled with talents. Old men and pregnant women all stand and swing here and there whenever the talent bus driver sudden braking. Left and right, more talents, whole bus filled with weird smell. Realized its from talents' armpit. Everyone inhaled and the particle get absorbed into your lungs and mixed into your blood and feed into your brain. You become talented this way too.

Take MRT, same, except without the swinging here and there as no hard braking. But exiting from the gantry always long queue, as somehow talents always got problem with ezlink cards, turns out they tap the cards on the lcd screen instead of the sensor. Nowadays SMRT had to deploy one auntie stand there to guide them. At least created some jobs for aunties.

Take taxi, still same, instead of human jam, its vehicle jam. Taxi uncles complain whole trip, all curse and swear at carmen, somehow, they all got some beef with carmen. Whatever you do, don't fight with them, or else like Feng Jie, need to go courts buy a stool to squat on in CWP.

Hiyah...

sjackal said:
Take bus, very packed, filled with talents. Old men and pregnant women all stand and swing here and there whenever the talent bus driver sudden braking. Left and right, more talents, whole bus filled with weird smell. Realized its from talents' armpit. Everyone inhaled and the particle get absorbed into your lungs and mixed into your blood and feed into your brain. You become talented this way too.

Take MRT, same, except without the swinging here and there as no hard braking. But exiting from the gantry always long queue, as somehow talents always got problem with ezlink cards, turns out they tap the cards on the lcd screen instead of the sensor. Nowadays SMRT had to deploy one auntie stand there to guide them. At least created some jobs for aunties.

Take taxi, still same, instead of human jam, its vehicle jam. Taxi uncles complain whole trip, all curse and swear at carmen, somehow, they all got some beef with carmen. Whatever you do, don't fight with them, or else like Quan Ah Feng, need to go courts but a stool to squat on in CWP.

Hiyah...

Now "zheng hu" encouraging us to be Eco-friendly.
Maybe they encouraging us to walk?

Diesel price go up a lot.
Btw, taxi companies owned by the same auntie. Hope she dont increase our taxi uncle car rental...

CAse do for show only lar
they ate just a watch DOG !!!

Last edited:
I think only the smaller companies like Prime etc (and maybe SMRT) have gasoline cabs. Comfort Delgro is still the biggest taxi operator many times over.
Honestly, my only grudge is that taxi drivers here are too choosy about picking their fare. I was at Yishun MRT taxi stand a couple of months back, and in came this cab that had
the change shift sign that showed "Yishun". I wanted to go to Sembawang Shopping Centre which is just 400m down from Chong Pang and the driver refused to take me.

Last edited:
The taxi company knows that we only NATO and keyboard commando.

When will we start to boycott the taxi company?

Prismatic said:
I think only the smaller companies like Prime etc (and maybe SMRT) have gasoline cabs. Comfort Delgro is still the biggest taxi operator many times over.
Honestly, my only grudge is that taxi drivers here are too choosy about picking their fare. I was at Yishun MRT taxi stand a couple of months back, and in came this cab that had
the change shift sign that showed "Yishun". I wanted to go to Sembawang Shopping Centre which is just 400m down from Chong Pang and the driver refused to take me.

Sometimes they do drive till the last min before returning the taxi. It may be only 400 meters away but that hour may be congested, the taxi queue for pumping is also congested and you need to wash the taxi before returning. At least an hour is required and if he has only half hour no one wants to take that risk. If you are the other relief driver and I return the taxi one hour later causing you to lose one hour of income during peak hours would you be happy? So please be understanding when these uncles are changing shift. If you got money you don't want to earn tell me.

shaoken said:
Now most of the people in cabinet are borned in "well to do" families (but there are exceptions).
Their mindset on helping cabbies is to increase fare. It's their "square minded" thought of "generating more revenue" for the taxi drivers.

They did not think that we (taxi commuters) are their source of income.
If we don't take taxis, their source of income will be heading south.

I personally know people who are taxi drivers. They also have their thoughts but are NEVER heard by the agencies n authorities.
People I know who are cabbies, are unhappy with the new fare structure. But no choice, who's the boss, who have the say.

Most Taxi drivers were never consulted on fare changes and that sucks. Suddenly they just flash over the news and that's it. So don't blame them.

imagine this;
board taxi at 1145pm with 25% charge
clock strike 12am den kena 50% charge.

like that uh?
hahahaha... :p

Pay more never mind, in the wee hours of the morning it is bloody hard to get a cab... All show green sign but never stop, pretend not to see you flagging... I spoke to one driver who stopped before, he say all going to Changi Airport to wait for passengers... :dunno:

edutilos- said:
Pay more never mind, in the wee hours of the morning it is bloody hard to get a cab... All show green sign but never stop, pretend not to see you flagging... I spoke to one driver who stopped before, he say all going to Changi Airport to wait for passengers... :dunno:

Wah seh...
so honest of the driver...