Poachers attack flying lemur and baby in MacRitchie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slaam

Aug 29, 2004
West
naturespies.blogspot.com
Yesterday. an adult colugo (flying lemur) with a baby was being shot down
and mishandled by a group of men at Petai Trail, MacRitchie. The mother
colugo suffered severe fractures and had to be put down to sleep after
being sent to the zoo. The baby is now in our care- hopefully it will
survive without its mother.

photos and full story here
http://www.naturephotosociety.org.sg/dcforum/DCForumID2/574.html#1

Its sad that we have such idiots in singapore.
According to witnesses, the culprits are 3 Chinese men aged between 40-50.
They were speaking in Hokkien and behaved aggressively. Apparently, they
have come prepared for this "hunting trip" with sling-shots and bags. They
escaped in different directions as the crowd gathered to intervene.

If you happen to come across any suspicious people in the forest, please do
not hesistate to call nparks at 64685736 or the police at 999.

Those idiots deserve to be punished. I hope they get caught soon and be on the front page of the newpapers so as to deter others from doing the same.

Any idea if the 3 fellows are PRC workers ?

If caught,they should be put up on a tree, and we shall use sling shots to shoot at them until they fall from the tree. Let them have a taste of their own medicine and see how it feels. Damn... I feel:angry: for these 3 fellas. have a feeling that they might be looking for some wildgame to fill their stomach ??

That's sad news :(.

Won't be surprised if they lie low for awhile before trying again. :thumbsd:

slaam said:
The baby is now in our care- hopefully it will
survive without its mother.

Better double check with AVA to make sure you don't get into trouble for this. Taking wildlife home, even if injured or abandoned, is probably illegal without a permit.

Did the zoo reject to take care of the animal? Me woudl think they likely have better knowledge and resources to take care of it.

LittleWolf said:
Better double check with AVA to make sure you don't get into trouble for this. Taking wildlife home, even if injured or abandoned, is probably illegal without a permit.

Did the zoo reject to take care of the animal? Me woudl think they likely have better knowledge and resources to take care of it.

oh sorry.. forgot to mention this is lifted off from an email from nparks to volunteers.. so i jus reproduced the post here..So to lay your worries to rest. The baby lemur is in good hands.

the fiends! ;( i curse them! - may the fleas of a thousand camels infest their crotches.. and may their arms be too short to scratch.

;( ;( ;(

Very angry with wat the poachers did...

since the courts already set a precedent of jail term for cruelty to animals, the same should apply too. now we need some evidence.

medallion said:
;( ;( ;(

Very angry with wat the poachers did...

first of all, they are not even poachers. poachers do it because of monetary needs or greed, these people do it just for the fun. hence it is deserving of the charge of cruelty to animals.

stonefish35 said:
Any idea if the 3 fellows are PRC workers ?

If caught,they should be put up on a tree, and we shall use sling shots to shoot at them until they fall from the tree. Let them have a taste of their own medicine and see how it feels. Damn... I feel:angry: for these 3 fellas. have a feeling that they might be looking for some wildgame to fill their stomach ??

think your 1st line is uncalled for... y stereotype a nation? :nono:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think your 1st line is uncalled for... y stereotype a nation? :nono:

Ya, you are right. i should not stereotype a nation.:nono:
Btw, i'm a Sporean Chinese.

Knn... so bad to small creatures 1 :( BURN THOSE FELONS

Please excuse my extreme ignorance here, but what would these men want with the Lemur's if they caught them? No matter what, this is a cruel act that deserves punishment.

Thanks in advance.

stonefish35 said:
Ya, you are right. i should not stereotype a nation.:nono:
Btw, i'm a Sporean Chinese.

;) nobody wanna be labelled lah.. esp when i go overseas, dun wan ppl to point finger at me & say, kiasu...

a deed done should be held responsible to the person who have done the deed, not to its comrades or people... unless some wanna share the credits... be it good or bad.

Imbeciles!!! ;( Makes me wanna tie them to a tree and slingshot them with big stones and make them feel how it is to be on the opposite end.

djork said:
he's not accusing them of anything, he's just asking are they from PRC.

err... but y he say PRC and not other countries like Indonesians or watever... or maybe even Singaporeans... so we shouldn't just brand any cruelty to animals to any particular nation...

World Peace!

(btw, i'm not a PRC, i am just a peace loving boi... boi love peace...)

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
err... but y he say PRC and not other countries like Indonesians or watever... or maybe even Singaporeans... so we shouldn't just brand any cruelty to animals to any particular nation...

World Peace!

(btw, i'm not a PRC, i am just a peace loving boi... boi love peace...)

Haha.. why PRC and not Indonesia bcos, the thread starter mentioned Chinese , and this chinese saying came to my mind :

中国人天上飞的,除了飞机,什么都吃,
有脚的,除了椅子,什么都吃
:bsmilie:

Like those Thai workers, sometimes can be seen emerging from the forest, gathering fruits and herbs for their cooking - hey , nothing wrong with this, at least they dun go around hurting animals.

Hence i suspect the 3 men are trying to shoot and eat the lemur ? thus I asked if the 3 Chinese men were PRC workers.

Its not in my intention to stereotype any nation, I feel its not right to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.