PMR446 2-way radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloth

Jul 5, 2007
Anybody using PMR446 2-way radios? I'm looking for a pair.. preferably waterproof, has to be legal for use in SG.

What are your recommendations, approximate prices and preferred place to buy?

I'm looking at the Motorola XTL 446 but that one seems kinda hard to find.

Have you try Sim Lim Town and in Sim Lim Square there is Motorola radios shop..

Sure, will drop by one of these days. My previous weekend kena burn by work :(

Which floors are they on?

i saw some at carrefour suntec too.

on 2nd floors..

What is my budget.. I am still open to suggestions, though around $200 is suggested. I may raise or lower this amount depending on the quality of radios I'm getting. I have had some direct experience with the T5583 and I liked it, but am prepared to upgrade if I'm convinced that better handsets are better value.

I sorta understand the limitations of our concrete jungle - RF nightmare ;) but I will live with that.

Is anybody familiar with the differences between the Motorola T5583, T5403 and T5603? After reading their manuals online the only difference I can see is that some come with rechargeable battery packs. I can live with my own AA rechargeables since I have quite a lot of those lying around.

What is my budget.. I am still open to suggestions, though around $200 is suggested. I may raise or lower this amount depending on the quality of radios I'm getting. I have had some direct experience with the T5583 and I liked it, but am prepared to upgrade if I'm convinced that better handsets are better value.

I sorta understand the limitations of our concrete jungle - RF nightmare ;) but I will live with that.

Is anybody familiar with the differences between the Motorola T5583, T5403 and T5603? After reading their manuals online the only difference I can see is that some come with rechargeable battery packs. I can live with my own AA rechargeables since I have quite a lot of those lying around.
with $200, u can definitely purchase better handsets, but these will be longer ranges and not IDA approved

Ah, in which case it is probably a moot point. IDA approval in this case is not just a rubber stamp for me - I try to respect the rights of other frequency users so prefer to stick to the appropriate frequency bands and EIRP power limits.

Thanks for your feedback.. has anybody else tried the other models? Or is the T5583 as good as it gets in this category?

Status
Not open for further replies.