PM must call an election to fill a seat vacated by MP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is not the Constitution of our nation and its interpretation a serious matter?

As for comfort:

The superior man thinks always of virtue; the common man thinks of comfort. -Confucius

A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar. - Lao Tzu

If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom, and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that too. - W. Somerset Maugham

It is no time for ease and comfort. It is time to dare and endure. - Winston Churchill

If you look for truth, you may find comfort in the end; if you look for comfort you will not get either comfort or truth only soft soap and wishful thinking to begin, and in the end, despair. - C.S. Lewis

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moment of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. - Martin Luther King, Jr

The lust for comfort, that stealthy thing that enters the house a guest, and then becomes a host, and then a master. - Khalil Gibran

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone. - Neale Donald Walsch

Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has. - Billy Graham

Be careful in dealing with a man who cares nothing for comfort or promotion, but is simply determined to do what he believes to be right. He is a dangerous uncomfortable enemy, because his body, which you can always conquer, gives you little purchase upon his soul. - Gilbert Murray

ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.

PM must call an election to fill a seat vacated by MP

I have the utmost respect for the decision by the Court of Appeal and the courage of Ms Vellama Marie Muthu and Mr M Ravi. [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This was a close shave for democracy in Singapore. [/FONT]:sweat:

huh what close shave ?

I would rather think that this was a case of an unbiased judiciary as well as democracy at work

Last edited:
huh what close shave ?

A high court judge had earlier ruled in a 53-page judgement that the Constitution does not require the Prime Minister to call elections to fill elected Member vacancies.
High Court judge throws out Hougang by-election suit - Channel NewsAsia

ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.

I most certainly agree. We are not asking anything from the country other than what is already enshrined in our country's Constitution. "ask what you can do for your country,"? I am asking my fellow citizens to take an interest in such matters that is of grave concern to the survival of the country and to recognize and defend the key pillars, institutions and Constitution of this very country.

what we need next are to overturn the archaic sections 377A and also the Internal Security Act . the former being not practical to enforce , the latter being used beyond its original intent

Isn't guarding the democracy is something you do for the country?

A scholar who cherishes the love of comfort is not fit to be deemed a scholar. - Lao Tzu

I thought it should be:

A photographer who cherishes the touch on xmm's skin is not fit to be deemed a photographer. - Lao Tzu

;p

I thought it should be:

A photographer who cherishes the touch on xmm's skin is not fit to be deemed a photographer. - Lao Tzu

;p

"When a hand reaches a bottom it always acts rapidly - Laozi" :bsmilie:

I must consult Sion regarding this, to see who is quoting Lao Tze more accurately.

I thought it should be:

;p

Great angle is acheived when short skirt on high ground and photographer on floor on all four. - Lao Fu Zi
:bsmilie:

The less a model wears the more inspired a photographer is. - Lao Fu Zi

Last edited:
Please observe our guidelines - no discussions of politics of any form on ClubSNAP, there are other forums that cater to this. Thread is locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.