Plumber Plumber ... Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi ... anyone got recommended and cheap plumber service ? My kitchen pipe stuck again ... Thanks a lot .........

My advise to you is don't call now.........it's to expensive! Get them tomorrow on normal working hours.

Maybe you can try tomorrow morning. Best is to change the whole piping. You can try to Google it or better still try Yellow Pages.

Normally you can unscrew the bottom part of the kitchen sink tubing (below the sink), this is where it will collect big particles that si not supposed to go through the sewerage......

Try to open that first and see if the blockage is there, it can be a dirty slurry so wash your hands properly after.....

Good luck!

HS

I got contact number of a handyman... if you want, PM me.

Normally you can unscrew the bottom part of the kitchen sink tubing (below the sink), this is where it will collect big particles that si not supposed to go through the sewerage......

Try to open that first and see if the blockage is there, it can be a dirty slurry so wash your hands properly after.....

Good luck!

HS

Yeah ... but the problem is not the pipe below the sink one. It is the big pipe on the floor like to drainage one. Quite difficult to clean it ...... :(

Yeah ... but the problem is not the pipe below the sink one. It is the big pipe on the floor like to drainage one. Quite difficult to clean it ...... :(

Please remember to observe how the plumber does it because if it get choke the next time, you may be able to DIY.

Had exactly the same problem. Called plumber. Charged me 180!!! I LPPL bo bian have to go ahead. He say cannot give discount. Thought he'd do some amazing job with special chemicals and stuff. He went to his van and took out a pole with a flat rubber piece attached to the end of it and just started to plunge the drain below. 2 minutes of this and the problem was solved.
180 bucks fly away.. Now I'm looking for the device so that I can do it myself next time

Hi ... anyone got recommended and cheap plumber service ? My kitchen pipe stuck again ... Thanks a lot .........

Get a plunger to clear so that it can flow a little, then boil a kettle (3L) of water and pour it into the drain hole. The hot water will help to dissolve the fats and gooey stuff that has probably clogged the water trap.

Had exactly the same problem. Called plumber. Charged me 180!!! I LPPL bo bian have to go ahead. He say cannot give discount. Thought he'd do some amazing job with special chemicals and stuff. He went to his van and took out a pole with a flat rubber piece attached to the end of it and just started to plunge the drain below. 2 minutes of this and the problem was solved.
180 bucks fly away.. Now I'm looking for the device so that I can do it myself next time

That piece of equipment could be bought at shops but not as flexible...

you can get the same device from many hardware or DIY store.

if it's kitchen pipe, mostly is oil and grease, boiling hot water will help, flush hot water down the sink occasionally can prevent this.

if it's bath room pipe, mostly is human hair, so need to open up and remove the hairball stuck inside.

if it's kitchen pipe, mostly is oil and grease, boiling hot water will help, flush hot water down the sink occasionally can prevent this.

if it's bath room pipe, mostly is human hair, so need to open up and remove the hairball stuck inside.

Yeah.. if it's the bathroom basin, mostly is toothpaste.. Boiling water will help also. ;p

Yeah.. if it's the bathroom basin, mostly is toothpaste.. Boiling water will help also. ;p

:think: the tootpaste cap? :bsmilie: must be darlie..

To TS: There is a kind of liquid solvent for clearing choke pipes sold at some DIY shops or supermarkets..IIRC, the brand is "Mr. Muscle"..it can be use for clearing up choke pipes..regular clearing is a good habit..but sometimes the choke may be too severe and u may need a flexible device which can be purchase at DIY shops..that one works all the time, including choke at the U-pipes..

:think: the tootpaste cap? :bsmilie: must be darlie..

To TS: There is a kind of liquid solvent for clearing choke pipes sold at some DIY shops or supermarkets..IIRC, the brand is "Mr. Muscle"..it can be use for clearing up choke pipes..regular clearing is a good habit..but sometimes the choke may be too severe and u may need a flexible device which can be purchase at DIY shops..that one works all the time, including choke at the U-pipes..

I tried the solvent - didn't work
I tried hot water - didn't work

I tried the plumber - got ripped off :cry:

I tried the solvent - didn't work
I tried hot water - didn't work

I tried the plumber - got ripped off :cry:
Most choke is due to oil mixed with hair/food leftover, the oil stick the hair/food together and block the pipe, solvent only ease the oil but cannot move the hair/food, hot water cannot move the oil/grease. Pro plumber they got the kind of tools that can insert deep inside the pipe and move the stuff forward or downward. (u cant say its rip off, the smell inself is worth the money they charge u :devil:)

Yeah ... today my colleague just told me that last week she ask the plumber and charge $180 for 2 min job. Wah .... so exp. Anyway I will try my best to DIY following some advices given in this from. If no choice anymore, then will ask the plumber :( Thanks .. thanks ...

Status
Not open for further replies.