PLUG for February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimDavis

Mar 15, 2004
Bedok
Just wonder with this successful PLUG for January 2006, who is willing to take over the CO role, and organize PLUG February 2006?

Want to do "Home studio" on this coming holiday (10/01/06)??
I can offer some of the setup to make the "Home studio" complete...
But I might need to find a place which is slightly bigger, as my living room is pack with furniture....

Just need a living room with minmum furnitures, so that you can have more shooting angles....

homestudio1.jpg

A sample photo taken using a "Home studio" setup.

The setup is best for 1 to 2 person, and for 1/2 to 3/4 body shot.
I have 2 backdrop, white and black....

Can be setup for table studio as well, for product shoot....
Lumix003.jpg

The initial setup is quite cheap, and it can be upgraded slowly to better replacement equipment when you have the $$...

All brand of camera user are welcome to join us... but your cam must support Manual mode. Cos everything will be done in manual.

Alternatively, if there is more people interested, and no room for me to do it at my place, I suggest that we share the rental of the actual studio and we do it there.... I will bring my "Home Studio" setup as well to tell you all how to do it...

Btw, the studio cost is $200 for 1 whole day. And it is at Loyang Ave. For half a day is $150. So I think a full day event is more worth it.... The whole place is fully aircon, complete will the studio lights and some props.... quite alot of studio "toys" in there....
Only problem is the makan... nearest is Pasir Ris or Changi Village....

If we have around 10pax interested, I think $20 should be quite ok for each person.... Will try to CONvince a nice gal to model for us, and hopefully can CONvince another gal to do the makeup... kekeke.... but if all else fail, then I will volunteer to be the male model....

This is open for all to discuss and query.... We will need to come to a conclusion quick as will need to book the studio early if we need it....

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

whatever it is, please, not at 8 AM! :sweat:

hello francis, maybe can i ask if my FZ5 is ok for such type of shoots? i tink can rite? except for the flash....if there is any limitations of my cam for such events let me know? TY!

Aiyo.... it will be most likely a whole day affair... cost there is so much things to talk about... and you can join in or leave any time you like...

Forgot to mention, I stay in Sengkang.
5mins walk from Sengkang MRT

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

StanGetz said:
hello francis, maybe can i ask if my FZ5 is ok for such type of shoots? i tink can rite? except for the flash....if there is any limitations of my cam for such events let me know? TY!

I think your camera is ok to use, only the flash we need to make some adjustment....
You have to reduce the flash output to the minimum so that it will not affect the overall lighting and to disable preflash... You can also find some used Positive film, cut it just to cover the flash, use some tape to fasten it... what you get is an improvise IR trigger....

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
Aiyo.... it will be most likely a whole day affair... cost there is so much things to talk about... and you can join in or leave any time you like...

Forgot to mention, I stay in Sengkang.
5mins walk from Sengkang MRT

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

ah k... wouldn't be too bad cuz I only live 2 stops down the line. :D

tkp77 said:
For those who are interested, please indicate ur name in the namelist leh....

So that I can estimate the number of people of going....

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

latest to put name by WHEN ??

The purpose of putting name is to see can do it at my house or need to go to a studio....

If less than 5 person, then do it a my house should not be a problem... but if more than 5 person then is abit too small so might need to do it in a studio.

You can put your name anytime, but if we decide to book the studio too late, might not be able to get one during the last min.

hopefully, I can see a final head count by this Friday.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

tkp77 said:
The purpose of putting name is to see can do it at my house or need to go to a studio....

If less than 5 person, then do it a my house should not be a problem... but if more than 5 person then is abit too small so might need to do it in a studio.

You can put your name anytime, but if we decide to book the studio too late, might not be able to get one during the last min.

hopefully, I can see a final head count by this Friday.

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

I confirmed not going this time. Got sick after the PLUG outing - fever for whole day!

Need to rest more so that next time can snap for more...you guys enjoy!

tkp77 said:
I think your camera is ok to use, only the flash we need to make some adjustment....
You have to reduce the flash output to the minimum so that it will not affect the overall lighting and to disable preflash... You can also find some used Positive film, cut it just to cover the flash, use some tape to fasten it... what you get is an improvise IR trigger....

Cheers,
Francis Tan.
Hi Francis,

I am interested. Just shy to be the first one to put the name down. :embrass:
I would like to know whether the above setting also applied to FZ20 or not.
BTW, what is Positive film? Is it clear in colour? Where can I get one?

ZinY

Ok, guys... good news....
I will be doing a studio shoot in the morning of 10th Jan.

So I will just extend the time for use in the afternoon....
I got a friend joining us to shoot as well, so we will share the cost together....
I have a makeup artiste, and she promise to stay till around 3pm... so no need to pay her....

Time: 1pm to 6pm

Now, we are short of a model in the afternoon... so need someone to volunteer their gf or wife, or bf or husband... kekeke....

I will put down the names below for those interested.
1) tkp77
2) tkp77 friend
3)ZinY
4)
5)
6)

I will try to look for a volunteer model for us to shoot....

As for the positive film, unless u are using camera without hot shoe, then u need it....
you can ask the photolab to see if they have any leftover ones...

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

I'm interested but do I have to pay for anything? using fz5 too...

tkp77 said:
Ok, guys... good news....
I will be doing a studio shoot in the morning of 10th Jan.

So I will just extend the time for use in the afternoon....
I got a friend joining us to shoot as well, so we will share the cost together....
I have a makeup artiste, and she promise to stay till around 3pm... so no need to pay her....

Time: 1pm to 6pm

Now, we are short of a model in the afternoon... so need someone to volunteer their gf or wife, or bf or husband... kekeke....

I will put down the names below for those interested.
1) tkp77
2) tkp77 friend
3)ZinY
4)
5)
6)

I will try to look for a volunteer model for us to shoot....

As for the positive film, unless u are using camera without hot shoe, then u need it....
you can ask the photolab to see if they have any leftover ones...

Cheers,
Francis Tan.

Still have to stay at home unless doctor give clearance.

Cheers
John

tkp77 said:
Bro, take care lah...
yea man....take care....maybe cos of the rain and the mini-plug....sorri for all the trouble! feeling bad nw....drink lotsa wateR!

StanGetz said:
yea man....take care....maybe cos of the rain and the mini-plug....sorri for all the trouble! feeling bad nw....drink lotsa wateR!

No lar...I think it is a psychological effect - phobia of getting back to work...:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I am much better liao...thanks for all your concern, will see how things go, ok? If I can go for the studio shot, I will let tkp77 know...

Status
Not open for further replies.