Pls recommend small Light tent for taking product shots

Status
Not open for further replies.

David

Deregistered
Mar 21, 2002
Visit site
Hallo guys

I wish to take pics of small products like tiny teddy bears, model cars, etc. They don't measure bigger than 15cm x 15cm. The light tent I see on sale are usually very big and require two side lightings (like studio strobes!). The setup is too big and overkill for my purposes.

Do you have any good recommendation on where I can find a small light tent where I can simply use my external flash (either 1 or at most 2 of them) to take the pics?

Or kindly recommend me a good make shift setup to take small products with nice uniform background and lighting.

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!

wahgongzai

Dec 13, 2006
Few weeks back, I saw one (should be around 45cm size) on display at orient photo (SLS). There is a thread about this shop. Give them a call and see whether they still have it :)

sykestang

Jan 18, 2003
studiospace
sykestang.clubsnap.org
Hallo guys

I wish to take pics of small products like tiny teddy bears, model cars, etc. They don't measure bigger than 15cm x 15cm. The light tent I see on sale are usually very big and require two side lightings (like studio strobes!). The setup is too big and overkill for my purposes.

Do you have any good recommendation on where I can find a small light tent where I can simply use my external flash (either 1 or at most 2 of them) to take the pics?

Or kindly recommend me a good make shift setup to take small products with nice uniform background and lighting.

Would really appreciate any advice. Thanks!
Check AJ23's Hakuba's DSB30 light tent... http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=273974

I belive that will suit all your needs. :)

catchlights

Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
you can DIY it using PVC pipe to make a cube, cover it with a piece of thin white cloth,

can also use a paper carton box, cut away all the flat side, leave the all the cornering as frame, and replace all all the cut away part with tracing paper.

put it under sunlight to shoot with your products, use black card as negative fill.

cheap and good.

dunnowho

Jul 12, 2007
you can DIY it using PVC pipe to make a cube, cover it with a piece of thin white cloth,

can also use a paper carton box, cut away all the flat side, leave the all the cornering as frame, and replace all all the cut away part with tracing paper.

put it under sunlight to shoot with your products, use black card as negative fill.

cheap and good.
Was thinking the same too.

Google it, some one has a step by step guide on his pbase..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom