Pls recommend pubs with live bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Hi guys...wondering if anyone can recommend pubs with live bands which plays erm.........more laidback music such as jazz (think got many different kins of jazz, not expert here but something like what Norah Jones comes out with) or soft rock.......you know...more laidback and melachonic...

Insomnia in Chijmes has very cool soft rock and an EXCELLENT band. :) You can actually have a nice dinner there (not too expensive food) and when it hits 11pm, go in and enjoy the live band.

Wala Wala

Thurs & Sats

The UnXpected plays there. Great rock.
Till 1am-1.30am

One for one before 9pm
Popular choices there are Hoegarden beer, Erdinger and macallum
Try their italian sausage pizza...powerfully nice.

1. Hooha Cafe @ Pasir Panjang

Jam sessions on Fri and Sat

2. Barcelona @ Roberson er.. dunno what sh1t

3. Red Room @ Marina Bay?

4. Many more... can't remmeber now ;p

"southbridge" at the end of boat quay. but that's very edgy jazz... dunno if that's what you're looking for... :)

Try The Prince of Wales pub/backpackers in Little India - heard some great things about the bands there.

sbs99 said:
Wala Wala

Thurs & Sats

The UnXpected plays there. Great rock.
Till 1am-1.30am

One for one before 9pm
Popular choices there are Hoegarden beer, Erdinger and macallum
Try their italian sausage pizza...powerfully nice.

i second that too, not sure of the food though:thumbsup:

I hate wala wala. ;p

Downstair's like forever full house, no seat, no table, no place to stand. As for upstairs? I prefer it's old concept, a nice cosy wine and cigar place. Now? I'm not gonna stand there whole night, squeeze here and there just to watch some mini concert of some unknown singer, with lots of crazy fans. It's plain torture! :think:

When I'm in Holland, I'll rather take that german pub opposite, get a nice chilling erdinger, sit by the road side, enjoying all the midnite zombies roaming around... esp.... ;p

used to go to Roomful Of Blues... they have this band called SHINE that's pretty good but now i am not sure...

togu said:
I hate wala wala. ;p

Downstair's like forever full house, no seat, no table, no place to stand. As for upstairs? I prefer it's old concept, a nice cosy wine and cigar place. Now? I'm not gonna stand there whole night, squeeze here and there just to watch some mini concert of some unknown singer, with lots of crazy fans. It's plain torture! :think:

When I'm in Holland, I'll rather take that german pub opposite, get a nice chilling erdinger, sit by the road side, enjoying all the midnite zombies roaming around... esp.... ;p

The one that's good is 2nd floor...downstairs more like for dining...mostly caucasions

Status
Not open for further replies.