Pls recommend me a Point and Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wainism

Apr 15, 2004
Beeshan
hi,

i am looking for a DOWNGRADE! using an A80 now, but cos i will be buying a D70 soon, i plan to sell my A80 and get a compact cam(something that i can bring about and basically just shoot for fun)

because i will only develop till 5R max. i dun need anything above 4MP,even 3.2 is ok, though i would prefer 4MP

here are my considerations :
1. <$500
2. video recording with sound(limited by card size, not limited only to 3mins like most canon models)
3. slim and compact
4. flash
5. reasonably long batt life

basically i have looked at some models but i am not sure of the picture quality. so pls advise or suggest others

1. Pentax Optio S40 (guy at cathay said pic quality so so only, and made in philippines)
2. Canon 430 (limited to 3mins video only)
3. Nikon 4200 (he told me limited video oso)

pls help, thanks!

how about

CASION EX s-100
CASION EX z-40 ?

Konica Minolta Xg?? i believe its $400 now and the quality is very acceptable for a camera this size. unlimted video with sound. and so far the batt life been great (3rd party batt available at $25)

As wat yeowww said, i think nikon 3700 is a gd choice. vv compact and cheap. i got it at one of the 1st level shops in simlim sq at only $320 (w gst) 1-2 mths back

Personally I would keep the A80. Good camera & not that big actually. The fact that it's using CF cards & AA batteries makes a dandy backup camera for your future D70. Don't have to worry about ensuring batteries are always fresh & same CF card type can be used on your future D70 in an emergency.

Keep the A80. No point getting a more compact camera that demands you to get another type of memory card. Extra expenditure in that case.

Also, with the fast depreciation of values in compact camera, you won't gain much by selling away your A80.

i find my A80 too heavy to bring along. i dun mind losing abit and changing memory formats.

wanna have a compact cam that is light and i can bring around all the time.

any one else?

Keep your A80 or get Konica Minolta Xg/Xt. :bsmilie:

I've been using a Nikon 3700 for almost 1.5 years now. Like it a lot. You can't go wrong with its current price ;) If the sales man suggests you to get the 4200, you'd better get the 3700 instead. 3700 has better pic quality and handle, only less meg pixels.

Cheers!

how about the new A510 and A520
not out yet but should be soon and it say it is 13% smaller
and it is a a series camera so the control should be around the same

seriously.. if u gonna get a dslr.. why bother with a mid sized camera like the canon A series? just go for the super small ones and cheap, like minolta Xg or some of the pentax model...

alamak! precisely!

tts y i m trying to sell off my A80 and get those super small ones!!!

Pay a bit more for a Ixus 30 maybe? Small, takes good pics and quick response time. But $500+ for a 3.2mp camera may seem a bit expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.