pls recommend me a PC laptop

Belle&Sebastain

Jun 27, 2002
here
www.9frames.com
Hi guys and gals, I have been a mac user for the last 8 years and have totally lost touch with the PC world, long story cut short, can anyone recommend a laptop for my wife who like to play games on it? Her requirements are simple, she plays mostly simple games like plants vs zombies type and does not want to spend alot during this downturn.

We are looking into PC laptops that can last as a few good years!

Thanks for your kind contributions!

Gilbert

alienware is the undisputed champ for gaming i think...

pardon me, is it a brand of laptops? thanks!;)

It is, but he is recommending a brand that makes gaming rigs, which I think is an overkill for simple games like plants vs zombies, which I think only require a netbook to play.

As for brands, I'm not sure, but my Acer laptop & desktop have already broke down at least once each (within 2 years), both due to motherboard failure. But maybe that's my luck. I heard Asus is not a bad brand, but they're a little more expensive compared to other common brands like HP, Acer and the like.

Last edited:
It is, but he is recommending a brand that makes gaming rigs, which I think is an overkill for simple games like plants vs zombies, which I think only require a netbook to play.

As for brands, I'm not sure, but my Acer laptop & desktop have already broke down at least once each (within 2 years), both due to motherboard failure. But maybe that's my luck. I heard Asus is not a bad brand, but they're a little more expensive compared to other common brands like HP, Acer and the like.

Thks man, any Asus model in particular?

wot is ur budget..

let say, i try to use mac as a benchmark, any thing under $1299? Wats the difference between a netbook and a laptop?

let say, i try to use mac as a benchmark, any thing under $1299? Wats the difference between a netbook and a laptop?

A netbook is a scaled down laptop (in terms of size and performance) and can do all basic stuff like word processing, powerpoint etc. and surfing net. Can play games also but not those graphic intensive games. Should be fine for those light games like plants vs zombies.

I would have stayed away from a netbook unless you use it like I do, during trips to check the net - browse, check email etc, to download photos from CF cards for an extra back up, and simple simple word processing. Expect slow-ish response for anything else.

-- marios

Buy a PS3, WII. can hook up to TV and cost lesser than 1k.

well... ts did say gming... i believr there is an alienware 13inch fir that price. or else geta acer aspire 4740g. I got it at the price of 1.3k I think.good to use too

well... ts did say gming... i believr there is an alienware 13inch fir that price. or else geta acer aspire 4740g. I got it at the price of 1.3k I think.good to use too

I missed that part. Then netbook is really out - my lenovo is sluggish even for videos (its graphic card is really really basic). I would agree with ManWearPants, a PS3 / WII / XBox 360 any of them would cost much less and require far less maintenance...

-- marios

Stick with Asus A42 series, :)

my wife has already a wii so I do not think ps3 is in the cards, thks for the suggestion! Will check out the laptops recommended by the bros here, thanks, any more suggestions, the cheaper the better, any models from hp/compaq?

well how about HP Mini by Studio Tord Boontje

hp-mini-by-studio-tord-boontje-low-res-3-hpforme.jpg

hp-mini-by-studio-tord-boontje-high-res-1-hpforme.jpg

Or

HP Mini 210 Vivienne Tam Edition

HP-Mini-210-Vivienne-Tam-Edition-angle.jpg

HP-Mini-210-Vivienne-Tam-Edition-front-angle.jpg

Both netbooks are 10" screen

But i would suggest that u stretch your moolah and provide her the best notebook within your budget.... this will certainly satisfy her and she will reciprocate 110%

hiaks hiaks ;)

more on HP Mini 210 Vivienne Tam Edition

hp_oa.jpg

I vote for ASUS UL series.
Lightweight and long battery life, plus 2 yr warranty.
Price is below 1k.

thanks for your suggestions guys! Wifey just said to cut the budget under 1k, will check out the models you guys mention after the weekend!